Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne is the only player who can make a centre. If he fails there is no-one else.

Its clear to see why EFC do ok away from home but when required to break open defenses at
home they do not have enough weapons, pace, ingenuity, plan.

I'm willing to give him time but we could be 10th by the end of the weekend. We are also playing football that is similar to Allardyce.

The squads just dross. I can't see any way forward.
He knows the squad is dross. The players he has brought in have improved it, and the players he will bring in the summer will improve it again. I've said all season top 10 is an improvement over last season and anything else is a bonus. Anybody who has watched us all season and thought we were finishing top 4 is living in a dream world. We will be back to defensive mentality and hoping for a 1-0 after this game. He gave the players a chance to show they could dominate a game against a team on a terrible run of form and they let him down massively.

But 10th is about our level with this squad. Many of our players are mercurial. On good days, many of them will click and we'll beat a Spurs or Leicester. On bad days we'll lose to Leeds or Newcastle. On other days, we'll draw with Burnley. We are the definition of mid-table. Put your money on 9th.

Carlo can do great things if he's got enough good players. He needs to insist on reinforcements or he will seriously damage his reputation here.
We'll finish about 10th with any manager. The squad isn't good enough.

The football is shocking though. We literally play like a modern day Stoke.

Got it wrong.... so very wrong

Playing Digne left back was idiotic. Playing Coleman is bonkers. Not playing Davies was baffling

When we play those 2 fullbacks we are defensively inept.

Wilson v Digne in the Channel was embarrassing. Lucas bottled it all day, his arse went after the first chase. He should have been hooked at half time.

These results will happen but this one has crushed me. Carlo learns and makes few mistakes but this was horrific. It was Fat Sam football and I'm embarrassed.
How is playing our best left back, possibly best left back in the league in his natural position idiotic?

This club only works with a dogs for war mentality.

Needs to stop with this family club nonsense and send a rocket up these players arses.

Sick of it - Pickford never dropped no matter how many howlers he makes

Richarlison sulking around

DCL looking like he thinks he's too big to run the channels anymore

Gomes/Siggurdsson/Davies doing nothing week in week out

Coleman another paper captain

Heads need bashing together after this performance but I doubt he will.
Spot on.

I am not turning on Carlo but he needs to take responsibility for the desire. If he told old to shout on touch line get dunc to do it for 90mins lacking passion and it showed on the pitch. We are just to nice need to be nasty

Bad today. Really bad.

THe change was a daft one. The switch should have been to 3-4-3, Holgate and Gomes on for Sigurdsson and Coleman - I'm no fan of it but it would have pushed the wing-backs up, and had support around Dom.

Don't blame him for the state of the squad but he needs to think of a way to beat teams that come and sit back against us.

Last 2 performances have been very poor .
We seem to go on good runs and follow that up with poor ones .
But the squad is not good enough. Need to get in a player or 2 who will make an immediate impact. If we don't we have given up on the season. We can talk all about next season and improving all we like . But this season is the one to try and take advantage of

He knows the squad is dross. The players he has brought in have improved it, and the players he will bring in the summer will improve it again. I've said all season top 10 is an improvement over last season and anything else is a bonus. Anybody who has watched us all season and thought we were finishing top 4 is living in a dream world. We will be back to defensive mentality and hoping for a 1-0 after this game. He gave the players a chance to show they could dominate a game against a team on a terrible run of form and they let him down massively.
I don't really think anyone would do much better with the squad at all but didn't we finish 8th with Sam Allardyce as manager?

Top 10 seems achievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back