Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say fullbacks. Coleman and Digne as fullbacks make us weaker when defending corners. Push Digne forward.

No I would have preferred Holgate and Godfrey Central we could have played far more attacking. They were there to be beat but we were too pedestrian. I like the 4 centre backs against teams that are going to attack us.

Deciding to stop playing at half time against Leicester looking a poor decision, two points dropped there.

Today, could understand his starting line up - probably expected Newcastle to playa back 5, sit deep and just let us have the ball. Could get away with a midfield three of Doucoure, Siggi and James. After 10 minutes was clear Newcastle were taking a different approach and that midfield set up wasn’t going to work. The players were terrible today but Carlo didn’t change it and that’s on him, very poor today.

No manager how good should not be immune from criticism. He should not have picked Pickford, Coleman should be no where near the team and Godfrey should not have been rested. Certainly not his best day at the office.

We'll finish about 10th with any manager. The squad isn't good enough.

The football is shocking though. We literally play like a modern day Stoke.
No, we'd flirt with relegation with many other managers. Marco Silva being a prime example. Ancelotti can attract better players - so he needs to be let do that. Then we can move higher. But I agree that the squad isn't good enough yet - even with the better players Carlo brought in so far (though we've barely seen Allan).

Look at our bench FFS how can he seriously be happy with that? All well and good selling players but there’s nothing to help us off the bench absolutely nothing attacking wise.

If Tosun and Bernard are sold, we'll have the following players for our forward/wing positions:

DCL
Richarlison
James
Iwobi
Gordon

Need 2-3 forward players really and a couple of midfielders + a RB. Problem is, we seem to need these players every single year.

We'll finish about 10th with any manager. The squad isn't good enough.

The football is shocking though. We literally play like a modern day Stoke.

TBF this squad should be up there; the problem is one of mentality rather than quality.

Look at all of us - we know what they are going to be like after about 10 minutes; the same applies to them and has done for years.

He knows the squad is dross. The players he has brought in have improved it, and the players he will bring in the summer will improve it again. I've said all season top 10 is an improvement over last season and anything else is a bonus. Anybody who has watched us all season and thought we were finishing top 4 is living in a dream world. We will be back to defensive mentality and hoping for a 1-0 after this game. He gave the players a chance to show they could dominate a game against a team on a terrible run of form and they let him down massively.

You're spot on about the squad being poor. Gomes, Davies and Sigurdsson are nowhere near good enough for a team in the Champions League. They play so many games and it's a big part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back