Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Qtu.gif

I feel for Carlo let down by dead beat footballers time and time again. He is a class act and his only problem is the players he has inherited.

First it was the Real Madrid players who let him down, Then the Bayern players decided to join in. Even when he moved down a level the Napoli players decided to undermine him. Fast-forward to Everton and again it is the players fault.

Teflon Don Carlo just carries on with his reputation intact. The bit I don't understand is if it is the players fault why does he keep taking players from club to club.

We are half way through the season and level on points with Spurs and Chelsea with games in hand. Things are not desperate.

Perspective. And doing it with some real proven inconsistent sometimes half arsed players who will not be missed once gone. Two in midfield yesterday were just embarrassing. We're nowhere near good enough to carry two passengers in midfield and expect to win. If not playing well at least put a shift in.
Roll on the summer when fingers crossed we can sort out two or three players which will mean those mentioned will be gone. Imo it will make a huge difference.

I feel for Carlo let down by dead beat footballers time and time again. He is a class act and his only problem is the players he has inherited.

First it was the Real Madrid players who let him down, Then the Bayern players decided to join in. Even when he moved down a level the Napoli players decided to undermine him. Fast-forward to Everton and again it is the players fault.

Teflon Don Carlo just carries on with his reputation intact. The bit I don't understand is if it is the players fault why does he keep taking players from club to club.

You mean the same Real Madrid he won their famous 10th CL title with?

Look at our squad/bench, look at where we are in the table.

Still blame him?

You mean the same Real Madrid he won their famous 10th CL title with?

Look at our squad/bench, look at where we are in the table.

Still blame him?
No you can't blame Carlo it is the players fault. He won Real Madrid their 10th CL title single-handedly and then the players got him sacked the following season.

It takes time but are we making progress? In October I'd have said yes absolutely but not now I'm afraid.
Yes we are and you are suffering from recency bias.

Fact is he's outperformed every manager we have had since the 72 pts season so far. That is an improvement on where we've been. First time in years we still have something to play for at the end of January.

Yes we are and you are suffering from recency bias.

Fact is he's outperformed every manager we have had since the 72 pts season so far. That is an improvement on where we've been. First time in years we still have something to play for at the end of January.
This is not guaranteed.

But you questioned whether we are making progress. Doing better than Koeman or Silva would be the definition of that.
It isn't that simple. If it were we'd have been making progress at the end of each of those manager's first seasons and that is obviously not how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back