Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To win a match first thing first we need to know how to defend and keep clean sheet. We can still win a match with 2 shots on target and won 1-0. To be able to defend is essential. Absolutely hate this attacking football stuff we have seen enough from the previous managers it was a hoax, a myth trying to cover up their inability to setup a defence and we were sitting in lower midtable moaning about getting beaten 2-3 week in week out.
This really only happened one time in 15/16. Most of the other seasons we were just plain bad. Last year we scored 44 goals. Koeman's second season that ended with Sam was also 44. Martinez second year was 48. It wasn't like we were Leeds every year.

I mean for me the myth is that we've been an attacking side. Koeman and Silva were both inherently negative managers and Martinez even had that second season where he lost the plot and was playing dire stuff just to scrape enough points to stay up. It's honestly right up there with the myth that we've tried to develop a team over a long period and have shown it to not work.

And fwiw I don't want us to be Leeds. But we shouldn't be Burnley either.

We do but they're against City who are definitely better than us and Villa who are at worst in the same neighborhood as us quality wise. I don't think you can reliably pencil in anything from those at the minute.
We beat the like in Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester.

If people think Villa and Leeds will overtake perhaps football isn’t good for you.

This really only happened one time in 15/16. Most of the other seasons we were just plain bad. Last year we scored 44 goals. Koeman's second season that ended with Sam was also 44. Martinez second year was 48. It wasn't like we were Leeds every year.

I mean for me the myth is that we've been an attacking side. Koeman and Silva were both inherently negative managers and Martinez even had that second season where he lost the plot and was playing dire stuff just to scrape enough points to stay up. It's honestly right up there with the myth that we've tried to develop a team over a long period and have shown it to not work.

And fwiw I don't want us to be Leeds. But we shouldn't be Burnley either.
I just want us to finish as high as possible in the table and win matches. In order to win game then a team has to be an attacking side is a total myth. We can be a defensive solid side but can win a football match at the same-time.

We beat the like in Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester.

If people think Villa and Leeds will overtake perhaps football isn’t good for you.
Villa are ahead of Arsenal and if they win either of their games in hand they'd be ahead of Chelsea and Spurs too. So sure football isn't for me but I'd say that means Villa are as tough a game as those were. I know it can be hard to look beyond the name of the club but Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs aren't all that scary this season.

I just want us to finish as high as possible in the table and win matches. In order to win game then a team has to be an attacking side is a total myth. We can be a defensive solid side but can win a football match at the same-time.
I think you'll find that to win games you have to score goals though. We're not balanced. Our goal scoring is down to getting fortunate more than any sustainable way of attacking right now. We are creating scarily few chances.

Villa are ahead of Arsenal and if they win either of their games in hand they'd be ahead of Chelsea and Spurs too. So sure football isn't for me but I'd say that means Villa are as tough a game as those were. I know it can be hard to look beyond the name of the club but Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs aren't all that scary this season.
The fans of these teams will say the same about Everton. I rather keep the faith in Carlo.

I think you'll find that to win games you have to score goals though. We're not balanced. Our goal scoring is down to getting fortunate more than any sustainable way of attacking right now. We are creating scarily few chances.
So we are scoring under Carlo is down to purely fortunate in most cases? I mean I just cannot agree with you. We have Carlo and had Silva last year yet people are questioning the king’s masterplan. 19 games in and we are still fighting for a place in Euro not down in 13th place. It‘s a progress from Silva’s mess.

In the League our top scorer is Calvert-Lewin who massively overachieved early on but has reverted to type. After that it is James with 4 and Keane with 3. We are into the second half of the season.

So we are scoring under Carlo is down to purely fortunate in most cases? I mean I just cannot agree with you. We have Carlo and had Silva last year yet people are questioning the king’s masterplan. 19 games in and we are still fighting for a place in Euro not down in 13th place. It‘s a progress from Silva’s mess.
When you've created like 5 (and that might be generous) good chances to score in 8 games but still scored a reasonable number of goals anyway, yes you've been fortunate.

The fans of these teams will say the same about Everton. I rather keep the faith in Carlo.
I'd prefer to keep faith in Carlo too. I want to see him build a side that can compete. But the problem I see is that there is very little building. I don't find back to basics defending to be much of a long term plan if it isn't coupled with some coherent way of turning it into consistent attacking too. This is where I see our current position.

In the League our top scorer is Calvert-Lewin who massively overachieved early on but has reverted to type. After that it is James with 4 and Keane with 3. We are into the second half of the season.
I actually don't even think any of this is a reflection of DCL. He's a genuinely good striker who will score goals in a team that is attacking well. He's great in the box and if the chances come he can score them. He's stopped scoring because we've stopped creating.

When you've created like 5 (and that might be generous) good chances to score in 8 games but still scored a reasonable number of goals anyway, yes you've been fortunate.

I'd prefer to keep faith in Carlo too. I want to see him build a side that can compete. But the problem I see is that there is very little building. I don't find back to basics defending to be much of a long term plan if it isn't coupled with some coherent way of turning it into consistent attacking too. This is where I see our current position.
Please name your manager who is better?

I only care where we are in the table come May. I don’t care about the style of play as long as we win a football match.

Please name your manager who is better?

I only see where we are in the table come May. I don’t care about the style of play as long as we win a football match.
I just really think you're missing what the point I and others are trying to make is. It isn't a style thing. It's a substance thing.

I just really think you're missing what the point I and others are trying to make is. It isn't a style thing. It's a substance thing.
Let’s see where we will end up in the table come May. People currently questioning our manager believe we will get 8th or below. It’s unbelievable he’s Ancelotti not Allardyce or some mid-lower table manager who relegated clubs to the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back