Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see where we will end up in the table come May. People currently questioning our manager believe we will get 8th or below. It’s unbelievable he’s Ancelotti not Allardyce or some mid-lower table manager who relegated clubs to the Championship.
Does being Ancelotti mean that even if his team plays poorly he will just always win anyway?

My take is that we're playing way too close to how we did during project restart and that was a run of 9 games and 12 points. We've overperformed that so far but the longer we carry on the more likely it becomes we slip back to where the performances normally have you.

I actually don't even think any of this is a reflection of DCL. He's a genuinely good striker who will score goals in a team that is attacking well. He's great in the box and if the chances come he can score them. He's stopped scoring because we've stopped creating.
DCL has scored 11 of our 29 goals, the majority of them feeding on scraps. Without his goals we would be in the bottom half.

DCL has scored 11 of our 29 goals, the majority of them feeding on scraps. Without his goals we would be in the bottom half.
When he was scoring those goals he really wasn't feeding on scraps. We do need Richarlison to be a threat again no doubt about that. Unfortunately we've reached a point where he should be dropped but the option is Iwobi who is not a goal scorer usually.

Does being Ancelotti mean that even if his team plays poorly he will just always win anyway?

My take is that we're playing way too close to how we did during project restart and that was a run of 9 games and 12 points. We've overperformed that so far but the longer we carry on the more likely it becomes we slip back to where the performances normally have you.
See where we are in May. I am looking forward to that.

When he was scoring those goals he really wasn't feeding on scraps. We do need Richarlison to be a threat again no doubt about that. Unfortunately we've reached a point where he should be dropped but the option is Iwobi who is not a goal scorer usually.
It is painful to watch against Newcastle DCL's expected goals was 0.03. So if the game was played 33 times then given his chances DCL still wouldn't score.

Against Newcastle we created very little but the four biggest chances fell to Mina.

Expectation. Europa spot this season: 5th to 7th. Of course I want top 4 this season just see if we have the bonus. Next season top 4. What’s good enough in your eyes mate position wise?
Honestly if we aren't getting top 4 then I don't really care if we finish 5th or 17th or in between. I want us to play better so that making top 4 and winning things is a realistic goal again. So I guess the answer to your question is 4th. But I won't be too torn up if we don't get it so long as the football starts to suggest we might one day soon. Currently it isn't.

Honestly if we aren't getting top 4 then I don't really care if we finish 5th or 17th or in between. I want us to play better so that making top 4 and winning things is a realistic goal again. So I guess the answer to your question is 4th. But I won't be too torn up if we don't get it so long as the football starts to suggest we might one day soon. Currently it isn't.
This is an excuse for the Martinez supporter. 5th=17th it is not. This is a massive gulf. We can say 4th this and that the last time we got 4th was under Moyes in 2005.

The financial damage was done before Brands arrived. I don’t see how we get 4th all of a sudden when we got 12th last season with a poll of players bought by the previous 5 permanent managers.

Last edited:

This is an excuse for the Martinez supporter. 5th=17th it is not. This is a massive gulf. We can say 4th this and that the last time we got 4th was under Moyes in 2005.

The financial damage was done before Brands arrived. I don’t see how we get 4th all of a sudden when we got 12th last season with a poll of players bought by the previous 5 permanent managers.
You are a joke. How can you speak about financial damage when we have outspent everyone apart from City and United.

You are a joke. How can you speak about financial damage when we have outspent everyone apart from City and United.
It’s simple can’t you figure it out? Because we spent so much on crap before Brands arrived and we now unable to recoup much and we have to played under the rule in ffp. So our hands are tied in a sense because we can’t spend money we used to be under the pe teacher and Koeman. If we have that much to spend now, Carlo’s job will be a lot earlier as we are slowly rebuilding by getting rid of crap while spending wisely on players like James, Allan and Godfrey.

Probably because we outspent other teams but instead of buying good players we bought Pickford Martina Keane Schneiderlin Siggurdson Rooney Vlasic Lookman Sandro Walcott Tosun

Probably because we outspent other teams but instead of buying good players we bought Pickford Martina Keane Schneiderlin Siggurdson Rooney Vlasic Lookman Sandro Walcott Tosun
The guy doesn’t understand ffp. Because we have to play under the rule so we can’t go to the turbo mode now when buying players. Thanks to the pe teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back