Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t help much that we only have one outlet for attacking options really. I know it’s on him to change and try different approaches but we are literally confined to one side for creativity. If we are struggling to make anything happen from the left then we depend on set pieces only. He really really reallllly needs to get that right side sorted during the summer.

It is painful watching us try and attack down the right, whether it’s Coleman or Holgate there.

Don’t know why we’re putting so much stock into what he’s saying. I’d rather just see where we end up. Don’t think his words in a post game talk will make a difference tbh.

The midfield 3 and forward 3 that started the season on fire tearing new arsehes all over the show are all fit again, let’s go back to the sexy football of the start of the season
It’s possible, but not very likely IMO.
New players into the team have a bit of a bounce which is probably what we witnessed.
For the rest of this season, somewhere between the lines of a rejuvenated Richy, a firing DCL causing problems, the class of J Rod, backed up by proper footballers like Allan and Doucoure with a solid defence behind them can get us over the line.
Think his game management and player rotation is starting to work well and we approach the final 3rd in very good shape.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill Dave.

He's laying down the gauntlet to the players,

I'll paraphrase for you: "Look lads, the top 4 is within touching distance. we need to win this match".
I think he just ment we win on Thursday and go 4th but then other team play and can go above us.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill Dave.

He's laying down the gauntlet to the players,

I'll paraphrase for you: "Look lads, the top 4 is within touching distance. we need to win this match".
If you watch his interview you can see what I mean: it's like he's saying the club can only dream of top 4.

IMO, this PL is blown apart by the crisis and wont change back anytime soon. Talking about 'touching top 4' is failing to read that new reality.

I am 100% behind Ancelotti btw.

I'm obviously not anywhere near the level of Carlo, but I think he believes that "touching" top four would remove a lot of the impostor syndrome we've been having the past couple years. People like Michael Keane have come out and talked openly about their mental health over recent seasons, and the improvement in his game is there for all of us to see.

It does feel like, with the derby win at our former ground, a mental block has been lifted.

What he said was. Win on Thursday and we are 4th but for how long I don’t no 2 or 3 days, may even be for an hour
He also said "We would like to touch, we would like to touch the position, yada yada game thursday, I don't know how long" It is all beside the point and that point is that we are in a good position to qualify for Europe and a serious challenge for the top 4. And I am a pedant.

Bournemouth and Norwich played some beautiful football last season
Yes. A number of people seem to be easily put out by my comment. Of course the win is most important but we were terrible, fortunately the opposition were slightly worse. The game was awful.

He also said "We would like to touch, we would like to touch the position, yada yada game thursday, I don't know how long" It is all beside the point and that point is that we are in a good position to qualify for Europe and a serious challenge for the top 4. And I am a pedant.
After Thursday game the RS play twice before we play again.
Maybe he meant touching distance who knows. Who cares really. It’s not his native language it’s also probably his 12th interview all asking him the same question

Saying that he wants us to touch the top 4.
Is he not talking about the immediate time after the WBA game rather than defining the season. I think you might be over analysing his words there.

Chelsea, West Ham & the RS all have a game or games between us playing WBA and the following fixture away to Chelsea and also have better goal difference. The odds are that it will be a brief spell at fourth before our next game. It's arguably as much about deflecting other teams attention from Everton slowly creeping up the rails as it is about our own players - I'm sure what Ancelotti says behind closed doors is slightly different than comments in front of the camera.

Ranieri managed to win a title spending the first half of the season talking about getting 40 points and staying up. As a result nobody seemed to take them seriously until it was too late.

Or do you reckon Carlo should be taking sports psychology lessons from this fella.....

Keegan_3293739b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back