Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. A number of people seem to be easily put out by my comment. Of course the win is most important but we were terrible, fortunately the opposition were slightly worse. The game was awful.
Terrible? We totally controlled the game they had 1 shot on target and that was the 90th minute. The ref played 3 extra minutes to try to get them to score. We where close to getting a 2nd goal a few times.

Is he not talking about the immediate time after the WBA game rather than defining the season. I think you might be over analysing his words there.

Chelsea, West Ham & the RS all have a game or games between us playing WBA and the following fixture away to Chelsea and also have better goal difference. The odds are that it will be a brief spell at fourth before our next game. It's arguably as much about deflecting other teams attention from Everton slowly creeping up the rails as it is about our own players - I'm sure what Ancelotti says behind closed doors is slightly different than comments in front of the camera.

Ranieri managed to win a title spending the first half of the season talking about getting 40 points and staying up. As a result nobody seemed to take them seriously until it was too late.

Or do you reckon Carlo should be taking sports psychology lessons from this fella.....

Keegan_3293739b.jpg
That’s it excatly, right now we are in a good position but being totally ignored by the media about our top 4 chances so why not down play it still. There still 12 games to go, could easily implode still

Is he not talking about the immediate time after the WBA game rather than defining the season. I think you might be over analysing his words there.

Chelsea, West Ham & the RS all have a game or games between us playing WBA and the following fixture away to Chelsea and also have better goal difference. The odds are that it will be a brief spell at fourth before our next game. It's arguably as much about deflecting other teams attention from Everton slowly creeping up the rails as it is about our own players - I'm sure what Ancelotti says behind closed doors is slightly different than comments in front of the camera.

Ranieri managed to win a title spending the first half of the season talking about getting 40 points and staying up. As a result nobody seemed to take them seriously until it was too late.

Or do you reckon Carlo should be taking sports psychology lessons from this fella.....

Keegan_3293739b.jpg
No, just to not portray Everton as a club that has to dream to believe it can get top 4.

We're better than that. I think Carlo has bought into the notion of dumbing us down and confusing that with dampening down expectations.

There's a big difference.

At the gravy guzzlers new team would be a great time to start, although i see a bore draw in that game.
During Samuel's time in charge we had like 3 shots on target or something ridiculous but we can correct that by just going full throttle and blitzing them for 90 minutes.

Reactions: JLW

If you watch his interview you can see what I mean: it's like he's saying the club can only dream of top 4.

IMO, this PL is blown apart by the crisis and wont change back anytime soon. Talking about 'touching top 4' is failing to read that new reality.

I am 100% behind Ancelotti btw.

You see, I see things differently.

I don't think the season is as mad as people keep suggesting.

The Premier League has been won before with 75 points. But, you know what, the best team still won it.

I don't look at the league table and think it's been a crazy season. I look at the league table, and see most teams roughly where I expected them to be at the start of the season.

Points trends may change, but the cream will still rise to the top.

No, just to not portray Everton as a club that has to dream to believe it can get top 4.

We're better than that. I think Carlo has bought into the notion of dumbing us down and confusing that with dampening down expectations.

Nowhere is he saying it's a dream. He's said it's a fight that will probably go on till the final day of the season and that Everton are in that fight.

Pinning your argument on an Italian saying "touch" in his second language seems dubious.

Yes. A number of people seem to be easily put out by my comment. Of course the win is most important but we were terrible, fortunately the opposition were slightly worse. The game was awful.
You can only beat what is in front of you ,and we have done that twice on the bounce
All players fit ,after this week its practically one game a week so we should be OK

We've finished 4th once in the 28 years of this premier league thingy.
Truth is we're not better than that in that context. Its a hard pill to swallow and im old enough to have seen Everton do a lap of honour at Goodison as Champions.
We've fallen off a cliff since. Cant keep going on about we should be talked as this and that. We've got to earn it back and then start saying we are better than that.
It stinks. But its the truth.

I think there are very little mangers out there that will outright say "We in it for top" however it's not was is said to players in dressing rooms. It's just good media

Aim for champs league and Europa is a decent consolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back