Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has high standards. So what? You've spent months pushing this myth that he was tasked by Moshiri and Brands to deliver Europe. I asked you the other day to provide evidence of this. You never replied. I see now you've just gone back to saying "oh, he said he wanted Europe."

You're also one of the people who've been pushing the "he bought old players to get us Europe this season," agenda. I'm guessing you think we should flog them all now then? Seeing as in your logic they were only bought for this season.

It's been a season of progress. Me and many others are happy with that. Somebody posted a poll earlier that showed the majority of people expected us to finish about 8th.
If someone comes out multiple times and says that their goal is something you go ahead and discount it you little rapscallion. You're obviously a better blue than others because you stand behind Carlo 100%.

It's simple logic which you just refuse to follow along with. Allan and James Rodriguez didn't go from Champions League teams to come to Everton and not play in Europe. Simply stating that "he has ambitions" is a ready made excuse by you. The club brought in 5 players for a world class manager yet a hefty portion just decide to handwave results and performances because he doesn't have his own 14. And if we get 7th(or better) I will gladly say he's met his goal. It's not a difficult concept.

People keep saying this but the bulk of our bench was filled with Brands signings.

So if we give Brands a new 3 yr deal why do we suddenly expect our bench to end up with better players on it come next season when its the same bloke identifying the players?

King
Benard
Iwobi
Gomes
Delph

All on the bench yesterday and all signed by Brands.
Hard to find an excuse for that. Other than to hope that some stability leads to players that fit the profile, ability and system that Ancelotti wants.

If someone comes out multiple times and says that their goal is something you go ahead and discount it you little rapscallion. You're obviously a better blue than others because you stand behind Carlo 100%.

It's simple logic which you just refuse to follow along with. Allan and James Rodriguez didn't go from Champions League teams to come to Everton and not play in Europe. Simply stating that "he has ambitions" is a ready made excuse by you. The club brought in 5 players for a world class manager yet a hefty portion just decide to handwave results and performances because he doesn't have his own 14. And if we get 7th(or better) I will gladly say he's met his goal. It's not a difficult concept.

You know. The very fact he has to state his ambitions as just "Europe" says it all really about where we are as a club.

Imagine Klopp, Guardiola, or Solkjaer saying that. lol They'd be chased out of town.

The reality was that a challenge for Europe was hoped for. It was in no way demanded we succeed, apart from by a very small army of cretins on here.

Don't wanna take sides in this argument, but you can't help but be impressed by someone who actually uses, 'rapscallion' in a sentence. Respect!

I am disappointed overall with Carlos failure to take advantage of the once in a decade opportunity of achieving European football. ( the opportunity came from other teams under performing consistently). This opportunity might not come around again for a long time. I felt his football was too negative with mid table to bottom table teams. The work rate carlo claims to be there is not at the level of the top teams. One cannot compare evertons work rate and intensity last night v villa with liverpool's v city. It is 2 different levels and for me Carlos team does not have the intensity necessary.

However its stick by Carlo for me. Everton cannot attract real top players. Carlo can and the 4 he brought in last summer are quality. So this summer is ultra important for evertons next 5 years. A failure to add another 4 quality players means mid table mediocrity for the next decade. He is working with bang average players currently. Coleman, keane, holgate, davis, gomes, Ziggy, iwobi etc etc etc are bang average. They have proven that over last 3 or 4 years.

We need at least 4 to 5 quality starting 11 players. That's Carlos mission hopefully this summer. Ship on riff raff and drop some current starters well down squad position. He gets my full backing until this time next season even with his current Big Sam tactics as he is working with some bang average individuals.
You say other trans are consistently underperforming
Given that all teams are playing under the same conditions why should we be any different and why not make the same exceptions for Carlo that you make for other teams

We had King, Bernard and Iwobi on the bench. Yes they're not amazing players but all would offer more from the wide positions than Sigurdsson and Coleman. It's the negativity that frustrates me the most with Carlo, that was 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders out there today in a must-win game for our European ambitions.
Yeah Iwobi was boss again when he came on wasn't he...FFS

He has high standards. So what? You've spent months pushing this myth that he was tasked by Moshiri and Brands to deliver Europe. I asked you the other day to provide evidence of this. You never replied. I see now you've just gone back to saying "oh, he said he wanted Europe."

You're also one of the people who've been pushing the "he bought old players to get us Europe this season," agenda. I'm guessing you think we should flog them all now then? Seeing as in your logic they were only bought for this season.

It's been a season of progress. Me and many others are happy with that. Somebody posted a poll earlier that showed the majority of people expected us to finish about 8th.
Either that's a deliberate misrepresentation of the poll results, or you should really, really, think twice next time you want to go all tory on us and insult everybody else's intelligence.

List Of Ancelotti Trophies​

3X CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2013/14

· AC Milan: 2006/07

· Milan AC: 2002/03

1X ENGLISH CHAMPION​

· Chelsea FC: 2009/10

1X ENGLISH FA CUP WINNER​

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2013/14

1X GERMAN CHAMPION​

· Bayern Munich: 2016/17

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION​

· Milan AC: 2003/04

1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER​

· Milan AC: 2002/03

1X ITALIAN SUPER CUP WINNER​

· AC Milan: 2004/05

1X FRENCH CHAMPION​

· Paris Saint-Germain: 2012/13

2X FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2014/15

· AC Milan: 2007/08

3X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2014/15

· AC Milan: 2007/08

· Milan AC: 2003/04

2X GERMAN SUPER CUP WINNER​

· Bayern Munich: 2017/18

· Bayern Munich: 2016/17

1X ENGLISH SUPER CUP WINNER​

Just a little reminder of who are boss is and what he's achieved.
He has picked up a trophy all most every year since 2002/03, yes he has probably never worked with players like we have before so don't think he can just waltz in and make us great again. Once he has 7/8 players that he wants then I'm sure we will see a different style and even more positive results.
I'm 100% behind him because were not getting anyone better.
According to one lad Graham Potter is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back