Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why there's such a fallout over people taking the opinion of maybe Ancelotti not being the all knowing whilst also not wanting him sacked.

You can't blame the lack of quality for defeats at home to Newcastle, Sheff U and Burnley. Its effort and commitment that's lacking and clearly he isn't getting that off them but nothing ever changes.
I don't think there are many teams worse to watch in the league with how poor our passing and movement is. And yet we've got some good results this season despite that.

I think he has made them better.

This season has remained competitive until 2 games to go. That's something.

In this window he'll add pace and balance to this team which will be massive for us.

He'll also get rid of a few more wrong'uns.
It's just proper weird. Years ago we had an awful record against the so called big 6. This season that's changed which is good. But now the players don't care about beating the smaller teams.

That shows a total lack of professionalism from the players not the manager. To many have been stealing a living here and it has to stop.

With the right players I trust in Carlo.

i have no idea what our game plan is.

if we nedded pace, shift iwobi.not walcott

we dont look motivated.

without an identity and motivación, we are nothing.

This is what a poor mans Duncan Ferguson looks like.

This is the reason he was fired from Bayern.

Italiano Fat Sam

a jubilarrse, viejito

Glad to hear him slate the team after today, no point trying to defend us when we are that bad. Still could have won, if our strikers could finish. Most of our players wouldn’t get near a top side, so I don’t blame Carlo. However, I’d like to see the players we do doing better. It’s gonna take more than another year to sort out the mess that is our team and squad! We’ve had some great away wins this season, but great attacking performances can be counted on one hand, we’re not good enough to hammer anybody it seems. Hopefully Carlo gets the chance to spend big, but who wants to buy the likes of Gomes and Iwobi?

I think it is entirely reasonable to want the manager to address the situation. I'd suggest it is not entirely clear that is what you have been calling for this evening.

Maybe pop over to the bomb shelter, have a can of lilt, blast on some poppers? Takes the edge of Everton. Much needed at the moment.
I've already had a cider and an icecream!!

Maybe, but the Carlo fanboys (not accusing you) on here are too busy calling people bedwetters and terrible fans to actually read people's posts as opposed to just making up in their head what ppl are really saying. See GOT and Mike72 or whoever it was.

I've already had a cider and an icecream!!

Maybe, but the Carlo fanboys (not accusing you) on here are too busy calling people bedwetters and terrible fans to actually read people's posts as opposed to just making up in their head what ppl are really saying. See GOT and Mike72 or whoever it was.
Oh dude, nor being rude, but is it just the one cider?

If more, there's a well known GOT phrase that may be worth deploying: Bed, now!

The derby was about 6 games in weren't it,albion outplayed us until going down to ten men,being good for 5-6 games in a 38 game season isn't saying alot.
We've been pretty good against all the top sides , we where always easy points for them.
11 away wins at some historically bad places for us says a lot too.

In all respect mate what type of signings will he go for? More approaching 30 year old slow players like James/Allan?

Could be in a situation where end of next season he leaves and we have 3-4 first teamers the wrong side of 30 who do not suit the system/style required to do well in the PL i.e. fast pressing high intensity.

Also we have Brands still as DOF and he's signed 5x CM players in 3 seasons yet we still look bang average in midfield.

I have zero faith in either to bring in younger faster committed players this summer it will either be big club cast offs or slow ageing players.

Godfrey was a one off really and even he was 2nd choice to Gabriel at Arsenal.

Oh I agree mate we need Ancelotti as well as the here and now need him to build for the future. I think with the like of James and Allan he's looked at their experience in the game hoping it would push this squad of players on, what he hasn't realised is that those 2 are on a different level to the cack we've got.

We've been pretty good against all the top sides , we where always easy points for them.
11 away wins at some historically bad places for us says a lot too.
Have we though? We've got great results, but I think that clouds over people's judgements of the actual performances, which at times have been pretty ropey even in the games we've one, but a few moments of indivivual quality have won us the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back