Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We are more comfortable when we play direct but that is not the best style of play.

“We are a team with defined characteristics. We are strong without the ball and direct. I think one of the technical reasons of this home run is this.

“We don’t have players of strong personality with the ball, strong quality with the ball.

“When we try to build up from the back we have some more difficulties because we play slow.

“We don’t have the confidence with the ball compared to the confidence that we have without the ball.

“At home we have to try and play more attacking football but it doesn’t work as well as direct attacking or counter-attack in the away games.

“It is really difficult to explain but I have to find a solution for this. Maybe, for next season, we need to try and have, for sure, a better squad.

It is clear for him too. He knows what's wrong

In fairness to Carlo you could look at the squad all season and see that there's only about 3 or 4 players that played well consistently in the whole squad with Pickford, Godfrey, Digne and Dom. Outside of that the only other 4 in the entire squad to show anything have been Mina, Allan, James and Doucoure but each of them have had massive injury layoffs. Literally everyone else in the entire squad has been incredibly underwhelming and out of form or worse still just useless.

We all know that the squad wasn't good enough and when 4 of the players Carlo and Brands brought in last summer are amongst our best performers now and that the ones letting the team down now are the same that let Silva, Big Sam and Koeman down. At the start of the season it is my opinion that having all the players fit and available gave a boost to the crap players as well as us playing better than the sum of our parts.

Carlo is obviously not blameless but quite frankly I can't blame a manager for consistently losing to the worst teams in the league quality-wise, the players on the pitch like Gylfi, Richarlison and Holgate think they're just better than these opponents because they're paid a big wage and they simply don't have to work for the win. The sooner the like of these are replaced with players that have pride in their performance like Allan, Doucoure and Godfrey we'll be a far better team.

Look at players like Coleman, clearly cares and wants to do his best but he's just not up to it as much at his age, now look at the like of Iwobi or Holgate who know this is the best club they'll play for and it's only down from here so why not live it up and act like a big shot while you can.

Would you prefer to have Potter as our manager ?
Why do you mention Potter all the time? We can disagree on how well Potter has done, and that's fine, but you're really just confirming my point in the original post. It seems that there is a trend among some who have difficulty accepting criticism of Ancelotti. Criticism is not the same as wanting him fired. Praise to other managers is not the same as wanting to hire them.

Why do you mention Potter all the time? We can disagree on how well Potter has done, and that's fine, but you're really just confirming my point in the original post. It seems that there is a trend among some who have difficulty accepting criticism of Ancelotti. Criticism is not the same as wanting him fired. Praise to other managers is not the same as wanting to hire them.
You mentioned 4 managers In the post earlier .
To put Potter in the same bracket as the others on what he has achieved is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back