Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegri carrying on what Conte built makes him better?
That’s it now I’m totally convinced you are a loon or just a WUM of the highest order
Allegri won the league in his first season at Milan
Won the league 5 times in a row with Juve , won the double 4 times in a row
Got Juve to their first CL final in over a decade
Get a grip lad you’re losing the plot

It's literally two posts below him and he's all over the thread you utter nob, stfu and bog off back to the RB thread where you can't bother anyone.
I mean it’s a fair point, you’re throwing a dig at someone, you tag or quote them otherwise it looks like you’re just rambling

It would be different if the flexibility produced regular performances and subsequently results. We were flexible and it produced turgid stuff and a 10th place finish that was fully deserved. So it's a stick to beat him with because he produced the stick.
We were also producing turgid stuff before CA's appointment, the on field product being the reason we appointed and sacked 4 managers in a relatively short space of time.

As players have contracts, it is necessary to be flexible to improve results when you inherit an underperforming group and have to work within transfer windows(Only 3, two of which have been January to date) in order to change personnel.

plotters consider your self CRUSHED by a professional.

He’ll walk out next season in front of 40k at Goodison and Carlo Fantastico will be getting boomed out. James Rodriguez Allan Godfrey Docuoure and a host of new signings will be in the royal blue of Everton. That is the reality.

In a dark corner of GOT though there’ll be some talking about how Allardyce played better football, Marco Silva at least had a system, and Graeme Potter would be a better fit.

Imagine Conte seeing his system work properly only once in an entire half of football due to how rubbish our midfield is, only for Coleman to then spoon the cross out of the stadium. I think he’s just resign right there tbh.

I think Conte is an absolutely brilliant manager but you run into almost all of the same problems Ancelotti has. He likes working wth older players, who are more tactically aware (an Italian trait), likes to spend big money and is used to working with elite footballers to get the best from them.

There can be a debate as to who is better out of Conte/Ancelotti. Ancelotti is a bit older and achieved more, but when Conte is 60 he may have won more than Ancelotti. However they are broadly similar levels of manager who bring with them similar problems. I don't see hiring Conte as a solution for the club.

I'm not dodging anything. I've said for awhile the things I'd do differently. It isn't even hindsight. I said the transfer policy wasn't good when it happened. I said the performances weren't good enough after we beat Sheffield United on Boxing Day for our 4th straight win or whatever it was. And I'm saying now it isn't going to take a impossible run of form for Carlo to find himself in hot water next season if he doesn't develop the team rapidly.

Up until Christmas though (and I don't know the exact numbers) but we had 33 from 19. Across the season it gives us 66 points across a season which would have given us 6th and been within 1 point of 4th. If he replicatesthat 1st half of the season, warts and all, across an entire season next year he will have done a fantastic job. So it's not as far off as people think.

I think we have to be more solid at the back. Maybe not the 4 cb's but a back 3 would work for me, and hope to keep Mina fit for as much as possible.

We were also producing turgid stuff before CA's appointment, the on field product being the reason we appointed and sacked 4 managers in a relatively short space of time.

As players have contracts, it is necessary to be flexible to improve results when you inherit an underperforming group and have to work within transfer windows(Only 3, two of which have been January to date) in order to change personnel.

Three managers with philosophies and rigid systems have come in and after one season been found out because they weren’t good enough to get anything else out of horrendous groups of players.

A world class pragmatist is signed who improves us immediately upon arrival last season. He then has enough about him this season to stop the likes of Siggurdson Keane Pickford Coleman Davies Gomes ploughing us into a relegation battle again which saw the end for Koeman and Silva in their second seasons.

After seeing this though the verdict is that rather than let Ancelotti continue with clearing out the rubbish players and brining in better ones, they’d rather he behaved more like the two predecessors who got fired by getting more out of these players with a recognisable rigid system.

When will the penny drop. The squad has so many limitations that there’s no one formation we can play where we’ll be so good that other teams won’t be able to work us out and counter it easily. That’s precisely what happened under Koeman and Silva, a bit of an early bounce, a nice 433/4231 and then after 6 months we’re completely found out and neither of them had the talent to change it. Cue the wild 3 at the back formation as they nosedived towards relegation happily supported by these gutless players looking for managerial change and new contracts.

Thank god we finally have a manager with the talent to break the cycle, stave off the relegation nosedive, get results in various different ways, and stick around long enough to see off some of these utter leeches .

But yeah let’s try Graeme Potter instead, I’m sure he’d have Siggurdson Coleman Keane and Davies playing some lovely flowing stuff.

3 games for me skittled our league season, Fulham Burnley and Newcastle, that's difference, not much improve on next season. And in with about until the last day.

"Finali di Champions League e Coppa qui veniamo!" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back