Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say some of those were proven. Batshuayi isn't even proven in our league. Volland is okay... hardly prolific in a team that creates a butt load of chances.
Which of them aren't proven compared to this lad? Obvs there's the 2 Portuguese league players but they're both clearly goalscorers and fairly sure both of their games would translate well

As for Batshuayi he's done it in Ligue 1, a top 5 league, and he's got a good minutes/games ratio here

Romelu Lukaku was arguably a gamble off Chelsea's bench, yes he had a good season at west Brom but he was a substitute a lot there as well. Established, world class players don't come to Everton mate, players that come to Everton are either young prospects we can develop ourselves or formerly great players like Eto'o and Rooney who you hope have enough magic left to take us further.

Gambling on players like Tosun is probably the best we can hope for, we just have to hope it's a gamble that pays off.
What was Lukaku doing the season before we splashed on him mate?

That was the closest thing to a guaranteed success in transfer history

Just been speaking to someone who loves Turkish Delight chocolate bars and they've said this kid is the real deal so for that reason I'm gonna go massively overboard on this player until he signs and miscontrols his first touch

I've just had a massive Turkish Delight and I'm now suffering from ringburn, so for that reason I'm out.

Which of them aren't proven compared to this lad? Obvs there's the 2 Portuguese league players but they're both clearly goalscorers and fairly sure both of their games would translate well

As for Batshuayi he's done it in Ligue 1, a top 5 league, and he's got a good minutes/games ratio here

Batshuayi - Might have done it in the garbage French league but hasn't done it in our league - the one he'll be playing in.
Finnbogason - Is average in the Bundesliga.
Werner - Won't come here
Giroud - Injured and probs wouldn't come again.
Llorente - Spurs have 1 other striker he won't be going anywhere
Volland - Already discussed
Haller - Doing okay but he's only 4 months into his Bundesliga career
Aboubakar & Dost are as translatable as Tosun.
Immobile, Bakambu & Willian Jose would be too expensive I reckon.

Batshuayi - Might have done it in the garbage French league but hasn't done it in our league - the one he'll be playing in.
Finnbogason - Is average in the Bundesliga.
Werner - Won't come here
Giroud - Injured and probs wouldn't come again.
Llorente - Spurs have 1 other striker he won't be going anywhere
Volland - Already discussed
Haller - Doing okay but he's only 4 months into his Bundesliga career
Aboubakar & Dost are as translatable as Tosun.
Immobile, Bakambu & Willian Jose would be too expensive I reckon.
Don't really care

You asked for names that would score more goals for us, there's plenty there

No one should be too expensive either

Let’s be honest a club of Everton’s stature isn’t going to be able to sign a “sure thing” of a striker who will score 20 odd goals a season.

We’re a pokey little English club which most foreign players won’t have heard of, no matter how hard that is for some of you to believe.

Let’s be honest a club of Everton’s stature isn’t going to be able to sign a “sure thing” of a striker who will score 20 odd goals a season.

We’re a pokey little English club which most foreign players won’t have heard of, no matter how hard that is for some of you to believe.

Considering the coverage of the Premier League, I think most foreign players will know Everton. However 'pokey little English club' I can't agree with. We have been more successful than most.

Considering the coverage of the Premier League, I think most foreign players will know Everton. However 'pokey little English club' I can't agree with. We have been more successful than most.
Successful before most of these players were even born. On the scheme of things we are pretty insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.