Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has watched us he will know he has to create all his own chances.
I don't agree with that at all. He just needs to hold the ball up a bit. Beyond that, he'll have great delivery on almost every set piece.

I don't think it can be overstated how big a deal an upgrade at LB would be. I am concerned of course that we cannot leave our CBs exposed in space, but you'd think with Gana/Morgan (or new guy) that wouldn't be as much of a problem. I really think we are so terrified of exposing Martina and usually Williams at LCB that our whole set up is to hold back on that side, thus Gylfi playing almost in the box at times.

None of these are proven, in this league, it cant be stressed how different this league is to like the others.

Volland, Finnbogason, Werner, Haller, Bakambu, Willian Jose, Immobile, Aboubakar, Dost

As has been said, I wouldnt say Batsususuui is proven at all, so that leaves an injured Giroud and Llorente who really isnt a great age.

Personally I would go for Immobile, but h would cost big, big money and would be just as much of a gamble as this Turkish would be, for 4 times the price.

If you gonna take a gamble and we do need to take a gamble, cos the other options are utter trash like Deeney, you might as well get somebody in with a decent record in the CL like this fella.
Yeah I see your point. Tbf I don't think we should take a gamble at all, it's Jan, we've got nothing left to play for. Why not wait til Summer and sign Gonzalo

I don't agree with that at all. He just needs to hold the ball up a bit. Beyond that, he'll have great delivery on almost every set piece.

I don't think it can be overstated how big a deal an upgrade at LB would be. I am concerned of course that we cannot leave our CBs exposed in space, but you'd think with Gana/Morgan (or new guy) that wouldn't be as much of a problem. I really think we are so terrified of exposing Martina and usually Williams at LCB that our whole set up is to hold back on that side, thus Gylfi playing almost in the box at times.

Mate we have just went to a team who haven't won since the opening day and had one shot with Niasse at the end, which he was lucky to even get (it came off their player to get to him).

We didn't create anything against Chelsea either apart from Keane header. Agree about our injuries and weaknesses but the fact remains, we don't create much, home or away, against quality or mediocre.

Mate we have just went to a team who haven't won since the opening day and had one shot with Niasse at the end, which he was lucky to even get (it came off their player to get to him).

We didn't create anything against Chelsea either apart from Keane header. Agree about our injuries and weaknesses but the fact remains, we don't create much, home or away, against quality or mediocre.

...i think it’s because we are mediocre ourselves.

Would love to see us make some exciting signings in Jan, like Werner, Immobile or Giroud. More likely to see the Cenk be the only signing though, I like what Big Sam is doing but i just can't see players being attracted to us because of him

Not sure Sam will take a gamble on a non PL player. Whilst we have done well to get to 27 points, we are not out of the relegation woods just yet and I think Sam will play it safe in January certainly. Maybe a left back and a centre back?

Yeah I see your point. Tbf I don't think we should take a gamble at all, it's Jan, we've got nothing left to play for. Why not wait til Summer and sign Gonzalo

fair to say if we can't get a big name striker, we get in a player like this for reasonable cheap and then demote them to backup striker from the summer onwards when we bring in our marquee summer striker. It's a lot easier to do than sign someone telling them all along "you'll be backup". We need 2, if not 3 strikers over the next two windows for me.

Reactions: FTY
Need to think and ask did either team try to win or just salvage a point each?

...they created a few chances but look more impotent than us. I think the problem for teams like them and us is that the lack of quality and creativity makes it easier to cancel each other out. When the odd chance comes along there’s often nobody clinical to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.