Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful before most of these players were even born. On the scheme of things we are pretty insignificant

Everton is not 'pretty insignificant.' If we are God knows where that leaves the other 88 or so clubs that have less to shout about than we do. We are just trying to re-establish ourselves after a long period where we just haven't had the finances to be a serious competitor. Players and their agents will know that. If we pay them the money and show the ambition, they will still sign for Everton.

Everton is not 'pretty insignificant.' If we are God knows where that leaves the other 88 or so clubs that have less to shout about than we do. We are just trying to re-establish ourselves after a long period where we just haven't had the finances to be a serious competitor. Players and their agents will know that. If we pay them the money and show the ambition, they will still sign for Everton.
On the scale of world football, we are insignificant.

And Man City? Way behind us yet they signed Robinho, Tevez & Mascherano when the money arrived. You said we couldn't sign top foreign players. We can if we have the cash.

But all the names you mentioned are major gambles and most of them would cost more than this fella.
That's my point, we should just splash on a quality centre forward. Obvs not for the sake of it like that would be mad.

Most of these are proven, there's a few gambles on there like but no more so than this fella, all younger as well

That's my point, we should just splash on a quality centre forward. Obvs not for the sake of it like that would be mad.

Most of these are proven, there's a few gambles on there like but no more so than this fella, all younger as well

None of these are proven, in this league, it cant be stressed how different this league is to like the others.

Volland, Finnbogason, Werner, Haller, Bakambu, Willian Jose, Immobile, Aboubakar, Dost

As has been said, I wouldnt say Batsususuui is proven at all, so that leaves an injured Giroud and Llorente who really isnt a great age.

Personally I would go for Immobile, but h would cost big, big money and would be just as much of a gamble as this Turkish would be, for 4 times the price.

If you gonna take a gamble and we do need to take a gamble, cos the other options are utter trash like Deeney, you might as well get somebody in with a decent record in the CL like this fella.

None of these are proven, in this league, it cant be stressed how different this league is to like the others.

Volland, Finnbogason, Werner, Haller, Bakambu, Willian Jose, Immobile, Aboubakar, Dost

As has been said, I wouldnt say Batsususuui is proven at all, so that leaves an injured Giroud and Llorente who really isnt a great age.

Personally I would go for Immobile, but h would cost big, big money and would be just as much of a gamble as this Turkish would be, for 4 times the price.

If you gonna take a gamble and we do need to take a gamble, cos the other options are utter trash like Deeney, you might as well get somebody in with a decent record in the CL like this fella.
Well said goat.
Just really partial to aboubakar

Just hope we actually get a striker in this window

Status
Not open for further replies.