Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been one game, not that I hope that trend doesn't continue. The norm for us currently will still be to expect our striker to put in the hard graft. Che Adams has those qualities. As uninspiring as he may be.
It’s all of last season and preseason, we make chances and don’t take them

Dia at Salernitana with his release clause of €25mil would have been the one. Especially as their DOF very publicly said they liked Maupay and wanted him last summer...some kind of deal should have been done.
Yeah. Win-win. WTH happened there, I wonder? Just kinda fizzled out to nothing, that one.

Then someone says "we cant attract them"

Its either a dig at the club or a totally clueless response because of Gnonto and Onana.

Thats not be 'talking nonsense' its a fact.
Come of, let's be real. The reason we might are able to get Gnonto is that he is desperate to get away from Championship and his poor contract. If there was proper competition for his signature, Everton would be way back in line.

There is also 0% chance Onana would have signed for Everton if Dyche was the manager. The same probably goes for Garner.

Say what you want about Lampard as a manager, but he had a history with giving trust and minutes to young players. Dyche has the opposite. Worst in class.

Yeah, that's kinda my point. We're both assuming things but for some reason you're assuming the absolute worst case scenario whereas what I say isn't best case scenario it's roughly what the average would be in terms of his signing.
I never assumed the worst case scenario. I said i get the arguments for him fitting into a Dyche system & agree with it. I am also realistic about a player who hasn't exactly ripped it up in the Premier league, realistic about how much our board locks us in to silly deals for years & also realistic at how inept they are at selling them when they predictably don’t work out.

The reality is, if you have £36.8mil+ to spend you dont come back with Maupay, Chermiti and Adams over 12months.

Thats just common sense.
This is the part that irks the most. Don't know why people are acting like we couldn't sign a starting striker with that much money. Regardless of how poor we've been over the past 2 years, money talks.
My only hope is we somehow shift Maupay for 12m so that we break even on adams and still need another striker

Beto
135 games 48 goals

Adams
125 games 25 goals

Beto nearly scored twice as many in 10 more games.... not sure how that is worse. Beto 6`4 with pace and ideal for playing up front on his own, Adams always played in a 2 and nearly a foot shorter.

Beto would be an asset from corners whilst providing height from crosses in open play.

Tell me would Duncan Ferguson have been the same player if he was 5`9"? Would he have succeded at Everton?
Your stats here are way off, I assume this is where you're getting your stats> https://www.transfermarkt.us/beto/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/595809 . That top league, with the most goals in it is an Portugese U23 league. According to Wikipedia, counting just Portugese and Italy top flight games he's played 110 times and scored 34 goals in all comps. Not a bad return, Adams on the other hand is 145 and 31 in all comps for Southampton. Beto's record is obviously better but he's playing in a worse league for a better team. His record in Italy is not too different to Scamacca who was at West Ham, he went for £30m and flopped over here, couldn't get in their team.

Point is Adams is not a great player by any means but he'll do a job for us, there's nothing to suggest though for likely 3x the fee of Adams that Beto would be any better, in fact there's a good chance that he could be worse considering he might not adapt to the league. Also just because a player is tall doesn't mean they're an asset, they have to actually be good. Tall Paul couldn't score at Southampton with probably the best set piece taker in the league in Ward Prowse there.

This is the part that irks the most. Don't know why people are acting like we couldn't sign a starting striker with that much money. Regardless of how poor we've been over the past 2 years, money talks.
My only hope is we somehow shift Maupay for 12m so that we break even on adams and still need another striker
The other thing is some supporters believe we are moving on, somehow learning our lessons from previous when the evidence shows quite clearly it is as poor as ever.

This lad is a decent striker, can see him getting double figures with the right service. Is defo an upgrade on maupay. He is not a prolific striker but for the money as good as we are getting. Had a really good record for his previous club and is premier league ready.

Right here Zat, blowing £35m on 1 player, a young player that may or may not work out. It was a risk doing it with Onana last summer

Im saying we had £36.8mil+ over a 12month period to sign a cenree forward.

The profile of that player should be u23 and shown they are effective simply to align with building a new team or at worst to have a resale value.

If the player is less then fair enough or slightly outside of the parameters its ok.

But how do you go from El Bilal Toure to Che Adams?

Riddle me that :eek:

Yeah. Win-win. WTH happened there, I wonder? Just kinda fizzled out to nothing, that one.

Its so bizarre...El Bilal Toure to Che Adams is what is fact at the moment. Nonsensical.

But there was a possibly opportunity with Dia and Maupay. Its disappointing.

Come of, let's be real. The reason we might are able to get Gnonto is that he is desperate to get away from Championship and his poor contract. If there was proper competition for his signature, Everton would be way back in line.

There is also 0% chance Onana would have signed for Everton if Dyche was the manager. The same probably goes for Garner.

Say what you want about Lampard as a manager, but he had a history with giving trust and minutes to young players. Dyche has the opposite. Worst in class.

I think it depends on what the facts are. The only facts we have is that Onana joined and Gnonto wants to join.

We werent rejected by El Bilal for just anyone, it was Atalanta. A top side.

The premier league is a pull so as an almost guaranteed starter im pretty confident we could attract better lol

£36.8mil + Chermiti's add ons.

That buys a single player that provides quality and is effective.

As above, how do we go from El Bilal Toure to Che Adams?

Its a head scratcher.

Yes this is what I was trying to say to somebody earlier I don't know if it's people playing computer games or if people are thinking its still 10 or 20 years ago when people like Yakubu, Wilf Bony, Demba Ba, Benteke, Roque Santa Cruz, Benjani and others were coming over here to normal teams and doing very well but that hasn't been happening for years now. If all these strikers are out there who could come to Everton and score 15 goals why is literally nobody able to find them when the whole premier league would love to sign them. Myself i would think that means its not as easy as people say but they won't have it.

In the 90s and 2000s you had players up and down the league banging in 10-20 goals a season outside the top sides.

They're like unicorns now or get end up getting paid ridiculous wages to stay.

Your stats here are way off, I assume this is where you're getting your stats> https://www.transfermarkt.us/beto/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/595809 . That top league, with the most goals in it is an Portugese U23 league. According to Wikipedia, counting just Portugese and Italy top flight games he's played 110 times and scored 34 goals in all comps. Not a bad return, Adams on the other hand is 145 and 31 in all comps for Southampton. Beto's record is obviously better but he's playing in a worse league for a better team. His record in Italy is not too different to Scamacca who was at West Ham, he went for £30m and flopped over here, couldn't get in their team.

Point is Adams is not a great player by any means but he'll do a job for us, there's nothing to suggest though for likely 3x the fee of Adams that Beto would be any better, in fact there's a good chance that he could be worse considering he might not adapt to the league. Also just because a player is tall doesn't mean they're an asset, they have to actually be good. Tall Paul couldn't score at Southampton with probably the best set piece taker in the league in Ward Prowse there.
Isn`t Udinese the Southampton of Serie A?

More than work rate and being `a pitbull` as some have said but we do need a big forward to take advantage of set pieces and crosses and make the most out of our wingers.

I`d rather Beto in the middle for our wingers crosses than Adams who is the same size as Maupay... that`s my issue with Adams I`m not saying he is no good but he doesnt fill the Dom role, he can`t. When we play Maupay the whole team needs to go away from the side with DCL in, the exact same will go for Adams, we won`t be able to play the same with DCL or Adams.

With DCL, Beto and Chermitti coming on there is consistency and a proven way of playing that will get us results. just look at the results with Dom and without, that is all the evidence you should need.

The other thing is some supporters believe we are moving on, somehow learning our lessons from previous when the evidence shows quite clearly it is as poor as ever.
No lessons are being learned, the exact same patterns are happening. Stock up on average and below average players that drain the wage bill and cumulatively take up the money that could have went on a singular outley (not that I trust them to get that hypothetical one signing right)

Just an aside, scouting isn't just teenagers or players from other leagues, scouts gather data and do due diligence on players we've already heard of like Harrison and Adams, and assess if they will fit what we need in the squad, suit how the manager wants to play etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.