Computer games.

It really does show. It feels like Druckmann jumped the shark too on this one.

I played more of it lately, but the gameplay - while decent - isn't enough to hold it up on its own. The narrative really is too much of a train wreck to the point where you dislike the protagonist, antagonist and support cast either too much because they keep doing stupid things, or you don't dislike them at all as half of the new cast are forgettable.

I don't hate the game personally, but I do hate the story.

In hindsight, this is a fair assessment.

Even I found the story to be a bit much, especially towards the end when the writers just couldn’t seem to let go.

Gameplay is ridiculously fun though

It really does show. It feels like Druckmann jumped the shark too on this one.

I played more of it lately, but the gameplay - while decent - isn't enough to hold it up on its own. The narrative really is too much of a train wreck to the point where you dislike the protagonist, antagonist and support cast either too much because they keep doing stupid things, or you don't dislike them at all as half of the new cast are forgettable.

I don't hate the game personally, but I do hate the story.
As many people have said it feels like a last minute project where things were hastily edited together. Too many things changed within that 7 year period. Probably a clash of ideas and they just rolled with the revenge plot because it was easy.

It would appear the overwhelming consensus is that TLOU2 is heaving rubbish

Generally it's strangely offended young males * that can't handle the fact
their surrogate dad was killed so "easily".
Which obviously was the whole point of the game...

And why are people so weirdly obsessed with body shape and sexuality? It's like everyone regressed back into the 1960s.

Also have people really heard there's a trans character in it and been too dumb to notice who it actually is?

I managed to avoid all spoilers and quite enjoyed it. Far from perfect but some genuinely impressive scenes and incredibly atmospheric gameplay.

* I'm referring to the ones giving 0 star review bombings etc

Generally it's strangely offended young males that can't handle the fact
their surrogate dad was killed so "easily".
Which obviously was the whole point of the game...

And why are people so weirdly obsessed with body shape and sexuality? It's like everyone regressed back into the 1960s.

Also have people really heard there's a trans character in it and been too dumb to notice who it actually is?

I managed to avoid all spoilers and quite enjoyed it. Far from perfect but some genuinely impressive scenes and incredibly atmospheric gameplay.

I wouldnt know mate, I've not played it

Decided to fire up footy manager as unemployed, sim the entire first season then make myself Everton manager. I’m going to seriously enjoy firing the likes of Siggy, Pickford, Walcott and Delph
Good luck getting rid of the last two. No one would take Walcott off my hands 'less I pay most of his wages anyhow! Managed to offload Siggy to Celtic for ~£25m though! :) ;)

Anyone else playing Bannerlord? Just when I thought I’d made it with my 400 men, castle and wealth my faction get declared war on by five of the others.

An epic 1050 vs 400 siege ends with them (edit: one factions army) just winning despite suffering 800 odd dead and wounded.

Anyone else playing Bannerlord? Just when I thought I’d made it with my 400 men, castle and wealth my faction get declared war on by five of the others.

An epic 1050 vs 400 siege ends with them just winning despite suffering 800 odd dead and wounded.
I’ve got it, and need to play it more really! I’ve been waiting for some mods to come out for it as I loved the Prophecy of Pendor mod for Warband

An epic 1050 vs 400 siege ends with them (edit: one factions army) just winning despite suffering 800 odd dead and wounded.
Bannerlord is brilliant. Really slow and clunky to start with but once you're up and running its very good.
I've got a couple hundred hours in it already but holding off on playing more until its a bit more developed (last I played many perks weren't functional) or a big mod comes out like the Game of Thrones one for Warband.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back