Computer games.

Pro Evo is moving over to the Unreal Engine for their first next-gen game (which won't be out until later next year). First potentially big change in football games for a good while now.

This year's Pro Evo is just being released as a seasonal update to the current one which suggests they've shifted most of their attention to the next-gen version a while ago.

I used to think it was all about open world games but find that formula is pretty stale nowadays, linear games allow for much stronger and focussed narrative in my experience. Open world just ends up being a bit of a jumbled mess, drive here, do mission, drive somewhere else, do mission... rockstars approach is especially poor, so much repetition.

They just need to use imagination and reinvent the open world. I agree ‘go here do the thing’ and it’s usually all so easy.

Take Death Stranding hate it or love it Kojima made the actual travelling the gameplayhe used the actual open world as the game mechanic. And there was the obligatory 3rd person shooting moments. But atleast he was trying to break the cycle. We need more developers like that to take risks and think ‘what they can do with an open world that’s different, new and enhances the gameplay‘.

Absolute beauty this. Half the price of a normal game, fast pace, easy to pick up. Rocket Arena is here to stay
Edit: Also cross platform so PS, PC and XBOX can play together

Last edited:

I tell the one thing I’ve seen games get insane praise for its story and alright I agree tlou2 story has flaws it still farts all over a lot of them.

I think it’s a victim of the first game and man baby’s.

Put this on your watchlist everyone for upcoming games.

If you've never played the original Startopia... it's bloody brilliant. I cannot wait for this remake.

Pro Evo is moving over to the Unreal Engine for their first next-gen game (which won't be out until later next year). First potentially big change in football games for a good while now.

This year's Pro Evo is just being released as a seasonal update to the current one which suggests they've shifted most of their attention to the next-gen version a while ago.

I’ve played PES since the ISS days on the SNES. The latest one is one of the worst I’ve ever played. Gutted I have to put up with it for another year.

Plenty of beautifully made indie games. Like Inside or Unravel I’d recommend that are t typical action adventure open world borefests.
You might as well explore Undertale, Rayman Legends, Shadow of Colossus, and God of War even though loads of killing lol
great games.. Witcher 3 and red dead redemption 2 are absolute musts.. like go now!! No time to lose ... the Batman series from Arkham Asylum On are classics too.

loads of killing required.

less killing you can play little big planet..
To add to the suggestions I would suggest Spider-Man. Thought it was brilliant. Has lots of fighting but no killing
The game Ghost of Tsushima which has been mentioned here comes out Friday.
Fails the 'less killing' part of your request though.

God of War is a must for any PS4 owner.
Witcher 3 (game of the year with all the expansions on Amazon for £15- now one of my faves of all time) Red Dead 2 has a great story too.
Hellblade is pretty much fighting demons, and Disco Elysium has no combat in essence?

Thanks for these. Reckon it's Spiderman and Witcher 3 next.

Can't help feeling that there is a gap in the market for a really good alien blamming game ...

Thanks for these. Reckon it's Spiderman and Witcher 3 next.

Can't help feeling that there is a gap in the market for a really good alien blamming game ...

Witcher 3 is 5 years old at this stage but no open world comes near it. Hundreds of hours great story. No filler. No such thing as a side quest. Best open world ever made.

I’ve played PES since the ISS days on the SNES. The latest one is one of the worst I’ve ever played. Gutted I have to put up with it for another year.
I still think it peaked with ISS 98 on the N64. The Pro Evolution series never came close in my opinion. Sadly they tried to make International Superstar Soccer more like Pro Evo, and absolutely ruined it. The fact you could play with any tactics you liked, with pretty much any team, made it a joy to play in my opinion.

My personal favourite was playing it on a lower difficulty level and then scoring a goal with the keeper - was always hilarious watching him wave to the crowd! Especially if you managed it against a human opponent!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back