Computer games.

What's funny about PC gaming is you can change nothing, log off one night.

Next day log back in and you will have an issue to deal with when you havnt changed anything lol.

For example I was playing Rust the other night, all great next day I log in and had massive screen tearing.

Took half an hour of trouble shooting to find out I needed to change settings directly on Nvidia and not in game.

Issues seem random sometimes
Just use Geforce Experience, let it set your games itself.
Never had those kind of issues for years.
You should also use the NVCleanstall tool as well to slim down all the sh*t in the Nvidia drivers

I honestly don't get these huge issues everyone seems to have on PC.
I mean sure there is the occasional crappy update but I largely enjoy a very easy experience.
To be honest, I largely just use my PC for shooters these days as I refuse to use a controller any more.
Anything else though the Switch or PS5 gets fired up on the OLED.

Whilst we’re on the subject, just moved into my new place and set my stuff up again, I like this desk but really feel like moving to a corner set up as I really like the look of them. Any experiences/recommendations? My worry is the depth of them, always looks like I’ll have my nose right up against a monitor.

Edit: And before anyone (fairly) mentions cable management, the nice amazon man is bringing me some new cable ties.

Attachments

• 278C37D4-D18C-47F4-A724-054214C0F80C.webp
    278C37D4-D18C-47F4-A724-054214C0F80C.webp
    636.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Whilst we’re on the subject, just moved into my new place and set my stuff up again, I like this desk but really feel like moving to a corner set up as I really like the look of them. Any experiences/recommendations? My worry is the depth of them, always looks like I’ll have my nose right up against a monitor.

Edit: And before anyone (fairly) mentions cable management, the nice amazon man is bringing me some new cable ties.
Get your computer of the floor. The power supply will just be sucking in carpet fibers. Even if they're isn't room on the desk, get something (a piece of wood, a shelf..... Anything!!) to get it off the carpet!

And maybe invest in a monitor mount so you can swing and swivel then as you see fit without having to reorganize your desk

Get your computer of the floor. The power supply will just be sucking in carpet fibers. Even if they're isn't room on the desk, get something (a piece of wood, a shelf..... Anything!!) to get it off the carpet!

And maybe invest in a monitor mount so you can swing and swivel then as you see fit without having to reorganize your desk

In my defence it's normally on a seperate small set of drawers mate, but as I said, new gaff and some stuff is still coming.
You're absolutely right but it will suffice for a few days as it won't be extensively used.

I do dig the monitor mount idea but I really enjoy the clean look of a corner desk (with the computer obviously off the floor).

In my defence it's normally on a seperate small set of drawers mate, but as I said, new gaff and some stuff is still coming.
You're absolutely right but it will suffice for a few days as it won't be extensively used.

I do dig the monitor mount idea but I really enjoy the clean look of a corner desk (with the computer obviously off the floor).
Fair enough about the computer placement!

The monitor mount though will add to the clean look!

I'm only a couple of hours in to Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, but I'm hooked already. The atmosphere is incredible, and it's punishingly difficult. It took me about 6 attempts to complete the first real mission as I kept getting utterly rinsed by the AI bandits.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back