Computer games.

I'm only a couple of hours in to Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, but I'm hooked already. The atmosphere is incredible, and it's punishingly difficult. It took me about 6 attempts to complete the first real mission as I kept getting utterly rinsed by the AI bandits.
Are you playing them chronologically?

Also the atmosphere is ridiculously amazing in all Stalker games.

Are you playing them chronologically?

Also the atmosphere is ridiculously amazing in all Stalker games.
That’s the plan, yes. I’m only 6 hours in but it’s the first I’ve ever played of Stalker.

Yeah you’re bang on about the atmosphere. It feels like you’re walking around a living world. You get the sense that things are just happening with or without you being there. It’s a hell of an achievement for a game of its age.

That’s the plan, yes. I’m only 6 hours in but it’s the first I’ve ever played of Stalker.

Yeah you’re bang on about the atmosphere. It feels like you’re walking around a living world. You get the sense that things are just happening with or without you being there. It’s a hell of an achievement for a game of its age.
Oh you'll love the game and the jank it comes with, honestly. There's a reason not a lot of reviews give it a fair crack of the whip - it's difficult to tell you about an experience like that, if that makes sense?

Prepare for crashes lol but it's a great series, enjoy!

Also full blast Bandit Radio.

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Oh you'll love the game and the jank it comes with, honestly. There's a reason not a lot of reviews give it a fair crack of the whip - it's difficult to tell you about an experience like that, if that makes sense?

Prepare for crashes lol but it's a great series, enjoy!

Also full blast Bandit Radio.

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER
I was prepared for the bugs so I’ve installed a couple of quality of life mods. I didn’t want to change the original experience and I’m glad I didn’t because it’s great as it is.

I’m still having a couple of minor issues, such as not always being able to change ammo type. It’s not a deal breaker, though.

Anyone know if these guys are decent?

Very tempting interest free Credit.....

@Baines' left foot
Scan are great. Use them all the time. I also recommend novatech, although not used them in a while.

There's never a right answer for a good deal on tech. You could always wait a bit for the next gen to come out and prices to drop a bit, but there will always be something else just on the horizon.

If you can do the things you want (and have the TV/monitor to justify the graphics card - the amount of people who buy a ps5/Xbox/high end pc and the. Play on an old 1080p, 60hz monitor is staggering).

@Baines' left foot
I think our man Baines bought his current PC from Scan, I believe they are a very decent company.

But I cant personally vouch.

@Baines' left foot

Totally legit mate. One of the biggest and most popular PC component retailers in the UK.

My current PC has a very annoying "ticking" noise from 1 of the fans, ive stripped it down and cleaned it, but its still there and its driving me insane.
How'd you clean it?

Usually clicks happen from the blades hitting random crap inside - maybe a bolt is slightly loose or something similar; try to tighten stuff next time it's out.

Or slather it with WD40.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back