Computer games.

Grow up Dualz
Kidding really, you do you, as long as you like it I don't care, it's all memes at this point. PcMaStErRaCe InNiT.

Truth is I was never able to get into console gaming as I've really never had a console - we were poor when I was a kid, all my friends (myself included) were around PC's and internet cafes and so consoles were just too expensive/unreasonable; followed development/releases and Halo and all that from afar. Now I just cba - Xbox controllers/adapters work great on PC and I can just do that, but can never get better at shooters with a controller seemingly so I get annoyed at myself hahah

Most I played on earlier Xbox/PS was in said cafes - Mortal Kombat, Tekken, PES, God of War etc., but it's more difficult/different when you're timed lol so it was basically party games.

Great that some games are going the cross platform route too to be honest.

It’s just nostalgia for me with how many hours I sunk into the earlier games. I know this one is turn based which I don’t like as much but can’t wait to give it a whirl.
I've played them too, probably less than you in fairness, but the battle there fit the gameplay there. Larian know how to make turn based feel good so they did that, and WotC only gave them the license for it after a lot of back and forward, so no doubt it'd feel as good on release.

Some of the sound design so far in the EA has been my favourite too - not just the music but just the ambiance, the battle/weapon/spell sounds and all that.

Fun fact: the main composer for Larian is a Bulgarian guy! I only found out after randomly watching the credits for DOS2 after my 2nd playthrough hahah

It’s just nostalgia for me with how many hours I sunk into the earlier games. I know this one is turn based which I don’t like as much but can’t wait to give it a whirl.
It’s really fun, but it takes a little while to get into (especially if you’ve never played tabletop DnD) overall what I’ve played from EA has left me incredibly impressed

Street Fighter 6 is incredibly fun. Never really been able to get into fighting games, but the way they’ve designed the Morden controls for this one is great

It’s really fun, but it takes a little while to get into (especially if you’ve never played tabletop DnD) overall what I’ve played from EA has left me incredibly impressed

Oh I like turn based, I’ve played Divinity etc. before I just prefer original Baldur’s combat system for that game. I have watched a few combat vids on YouTube and it does look great though. I’m a long time D&D player.

In other news: Diablo 4's devs and crew put out the worst "balance" patch I've ever seen in a game - they just nerfed everything straight into the ground, because apparently people were doing too much damage and using the mechanics in the game lol Pretty much confirming they released an untested beta version of the game, all things considered.

Oh also slowed down everything as much as possible instead of giving people endgame rewards.

Hilarious, can't wait for their explanation in the next campfire chat.

First time in a coupla months getting some VR time....hooked on Eleven Table Tennis on the Quest 2. Moving up the online-rankings, not bad for a bang-average player.

fancy a shooty horror now. Resident Evil 2 has a usable VR mod, and got a local WLAN set up on a separate 5g router so wireless Steam-VR gaming is pretty lag-free - thanks @Dylan for some tips earlier in the year!

First time in a coupla months getting some VR time....hooked on Eleven Table Tennis on the Quest 2. Moving up the online-rankings, not bad for a bang-average player.

fancy a shooty horror now. Resident Evil 2 has a usable VR mod, and got a local WLAN set up on a separate 5g router so wireless Steam-VR gaming is pretty lag-free - thanks @Dylan for some tips earlier in the year!
Nice!

blitzed 'Disco Elysium', game of the year 2019 how? very let down.
2018s 'into the breach' was a cracker.
2020 'death stranding' to be investigated next.
2021 'valheim' same.
2022 'elden ring' never heard of it.
About to give 'deathloop' a run...

blitzed 'Disco Elysium', game of the year 2019 how? very let down.
2018s 'into the breach' was a cracker.
2020 'death stranding' to be investigated next.
2021 'valheim' same.
2022 'elden ring' never heard of it.
About to give 'deathloop' a run...
Never heard of elden ring, yet evidently plays games.

Hopefully the rock you live under is cozy at least lol

Why did Disco Elysium let you down mate? I've not finished it but now that it's voiced I might at some point - played it well earlier and it was good, even if bizarre (not a bad thing).

Swerved Cyberpunk after the reviews on release. Picked it up for £20 and been playing it today.

Absolutely loving it. Runs really well on PS5 now.

Can see why it took 58 years to develop.
Won't play it anytime soon myself but have a colleague who swears it's great now. He drank the hype kool aid for release and was very meh cuz of the bugs, but played. Dropped it for a bit and just followed the updates, now says he's VERY happy with it.

I had never played Mass Effect properly, only seen streams and all, but saw the gf has the Legendary edition, which is all 3 games. Currently on the 2nd game, it's a fantastic game series evidently, some of the things in it are annoying AF from game to game though. A lot goes up with the games, but quite a lot in UI/UX goes well down.

Gonna finish ME2 today/tomorrow and go for ME3 before Baldur's Gate releases.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back