Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Computer games.

My problem is that I feel like ive played everything before.

Sure new games come out with shiny graphics, but its the same old, same old.

But yes, its probably an age thing, I mean ive been gaming for 35+ years now, maybe we finally growing up?

:hayee:

Still yet to find a game that hit me like Chuckie Egg did on the Speccy.
Agree. New games aren't anything new!

I still play lots of old games. Nothing better than Mario Kart or Super Mario games! Or even Sonic!!

Naturally I expect a "skill issue" shout here.
As much as I enjoy the FS and soulslike games in general, I do hate how toxic some of the community is.

It's like any other type of entertainment, different people are going to have different tastes. It's the equivalent of a Horror movie fan accusing someone of being "too scared" if they don't like those types of films :lol:

As much as I enjoy the FS and soulslike games in general, I do hate how toxic some of the community is.

It's like any other type of entertainment, different people are going to have different tastes. It's the equivalent of a Horror movie fan accusing someone of being "too scared" if they don't like those types of films :lol:
Yeah I don't like that, neither in that nor in the games I do enjoy - CS2 vs Valorant man, give me a break ffs, let people like what they like.

Really enjoying Shadow of the Erdtree so far, still fairly early in the DLC.

I went in at level 130 (The recommended is 150) and haven't had too much trouble. I've explored a lot of the first area and finished the first legacy dungeon and a couple of side dungeons without getting majorly stuck on anything.

Most of the enemies are worth a ton of runes and there's a unique system to increase the power of your attack/defence and summons which is only active in the DLC area, which works great.

There are way less side dungeons, but the ones that are there are, so far, more unique looking and have more unique boss encounters at the end. A big grip of mine was the copy and paste areas and bosses, looks like they have gone for quality over quantity this time.

My only gripe so far is the first story boss I encountered 'Dancing Lion' is one of those annoying encounters where it feels like you are fighting the camera more than the boss itself due to how it moves. Think of the Ulcerated Tree Spirits.

Music is, as always on point and there's been some minor graphical upgrades, so it looks absolutely amazing... if things stop trying to murder you long enough for you to enjoy it :lol:

shadow.png

Been playing Dragon Age Origins the past few days, but FF14 Dawntrail is tomorrow and the hype is real. Just hope I wont be in a queue of 10k to log in like last expansion.

For all the advances in tech , it seems less risks are taken. I know Rockstar will make billions on GTA 6 but where are their new IP? They are basically a GTA factory now with a little Red Dead Redemption thrown in. A lot of publishers are the same.

Budgets go up so obviously I understand their thinking but surely there has to be some balance there.

And then you have Microsoft, they clearly don’t hold the their own consoles in any high standard/regard so have their minions in the press and social media push the narrative that consoles are the noose around gamings neck. Do a better job with Xbox and more will buy it!

For all the advances in tech , it seems less risks are taken. I know Rockstar will make billions on GTA 6 but where are their new IP? They are basically a GTA factory now with a little Red Dead Redemption thrown in. A lot of publishers are the same.

Budgets go up so obviously I understand their thinking but surely there has to be some balance there.

And then you have Microsoft, they clearly don’t hold the their own consoles in any high standard/regard so have their minions in the press and social media push the narrative that consoles are the noose around gamings neck. Do a better job with Xbox and more will buy it!

They're all about GamePass these days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back