Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Computer games.

For all the advances in tech , it seems less risks are taken. I know Rockstar will make billions on GTA 6 but where are their new IP? They are basically a GTA factory now with a little Red Dead Redemption thrown in. A lot of publishers are the same.

Budgets go up so obviously I understand their thinking but surely there has to be some balance there.

And then you have Microsoft, they clearly don’t hold the their own consoles in any high standard/regard so have their minions in the press and social media push the narrative that consoles are the noose around gamings neck. Do a better job with Xbox and more will buy it!
The annoying part is some companies are basically hoarding IPs so it takes a long time to get a game out of purgatory even if you have the good intentions to do so. Blizzard (and ActiBlizzard; now Microsoft as well) bought so many IPs in the early late 90s-early 00s that now so many games are dead in the water. I'm still surprised Homeworld actually escaped their clutches tbh (but that's thanks to Relic, the original creators, going back and continuing under a different name).

Wish this would happen more but usually big publishers see the interest and just sit on it, very rarely does anything happen.

There's just not a lot of passion or hunger for new projects among the bigger devs/publishers as the costs are now insane so if the game isn't a sure winner - they likely won't even try to push it.

I bought a game off CDKeys called Bloodstained Ritual of the night. A Japanese made game, a 2d side scroller rpg and It's very very good and only £2.99

I'd recommend it at twice that price, well worth the price.

I've bought a ton of games recently in the below a fiver category and so I've had to uninstall everything I've already played to give me a chance to play some of them. Got some belters in there.

A game called Prodeus is very good if you like Doom, it's a modern game done in retro style but you have the option to play with normal by turning off pixel graphics, which is a cool feature.

My Friendly neighbourhood is a survival horror with a muppets type vibe, it's good if a little frustrating.

A list of games under a fiver-

The Knight Witch
Afterimage
Souldiers
Terraformers
Tin Can
Bravery and Greed
Mr Prepper
Black skylands
Gylt
Midnight fight express
Such Art
Fashion Police Squad
Coromon
Dreamscaper
Trailmakers
Chernoblyte
Nobody rules the world
Citizen Sleeper
The last campfire
Split second
Foretales
Soulstice
Maid of sker
Blood and Zombies
Funtasia
Godstrike

That's just the ones I have bought so far, no idea how I will get them all played

I bought a game off CDKeys called Bloodstained Ritual of the night. A Japanese made game, a 2d side scroller rpg and It's very very good and only £2.99

I'd recommend it at twice that price, well worth the price.

I've bought a ton of games recently in the below a fiver category and so I've had to uninstall everything I've already played to give me a chance to play some of them. Got some belters in there.

A game called Prodeus is very good if you like Doom, it's a modern game done in retro style but you have the option to play with normal by turning off pixel graphics, which is a cool feature.

My Friendly neighbourhood is a survival horror with a muppets type vibe, it's good if a little frustrating.

A list of games under a fiver-

The Knight Witch
Afterimage
Souldiers
Terraformers
Tin Can
Bravery and Greed
Mr Prepper
Black skylands
Gylt
Midnight fight express
Such Art
Fashion Police Squad
Coromon
Dreamscaper
Trailmakers
Chernoblyte
Nobody rules the world
Citizen Sleeper
The last campfire
Split second
Foretales
Soulstice
Maid of sker
Blood and Zombies
Funtasia
Godstrike

That's just the ones I have bought so far, no idea how I will get them all played

Citizen Sleeper is really good. Must get back to it

Elden Ring DLC map is really excellent - great design like the main game. Rewards patient exploration, loads of verticality, minimal artificial gating mechanisms - artwork top tier. Too many graces (given multiple stake of Marikas) but that is the style of ER I guess.

Not been too impressed with the bosses - bit of a mixed bag. Not fought or seen the final boss but nothing here makes the fromsoft ATG list imho. Messmer is very good - hard fight. Some extremely aggravating low tier boss fights that involve getting run over a lot.

Seems like faith would be a good build to take into the DLC - loads of good weapons and incants that require faith including some blatant OP stuff.

For all the advances in tech , it seems less risks are taken. I know Rockstar will make billions on GTA 6 but where are their new IP? They are basically a GTA factory now with a little Red Dead Redemption thrown in. A lot of publishers are the same.

Budgets go up so obviously I understand their thinking but surely there has to be some balance there.

And then you have Microsoft, they clearly don’t hold the their own consoles in any high standard/regard so have their minions in the press and social media push the narrative that consoles are the noose around gamings neck. Do a better job with Xbox and more will buy it!
Development costs are high enough, due to the length of development cycles and the size of teams required, that any risks are taken at the indie level these days. There are tons of good, new IPs out there. They just don't have AAA graphics, because the games were made by smaller companies.

Those IPs aren't likely to migrate to the big publishers, because those indie studios make money. Supergiant doesn't need to sell out, so they won't unless the founders decide to hang it up.

I have a feeling GTA6 will be a letdown by Rockstar standards. That zoomer photorealistic trailer kind of says a lot to me. It will still be great because there is no chance a GTA game will flop with the amount of resources they have, but I am prepared for a decline in quality kind of similar to Bethesda.

I have a feeling GTA6 will be a letdown by Rockstar standards. That zoomer photorealistic trailer kind of says a lot to me. It will still be great because there is no chance a GTA game will flop with the amount of resources they have, but I am prepared for a decline in quality kind of similar to Bethesda.
fallout4 was solid? new vegas had its high notes (and problems). GTA V I found looked pretty but the game wasn't challenging or different enough. Be nice if they could do a chapter in Dirty Harry or Bullett style city with similar vehicles. Old school cops n robbers stuff. Yeah, that's what V missed, some nostalgia.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back