Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is as "highly rated" as some make him out to be then he should have taken that Wigan side and kicked on up the league, not have them fending off relegation for four years in a row before it eventually happened, even with that FA Cup run. You can't even say "he didn't have the money/backing" because throughout the time he was there he already had the players to stay in the league at least.

Attractive football is great, but not when you have a 25% win ratio. That should ring the alarm bells in it's own right, scary statistic that.

If he is as "highly rated" as some make him out to be then he should have taken that Wigan side and kicked on up the league, not have them fending off relegation for four years in a row before it eventually happened. You can't even say "he didn't have the money/backing" because throughout the time he was there he already had the players to stay in the league at least.

Attractive football is great, but not when you have a 25% win ratio. That should be alarm bells right there.

He played attractive football with Swansea & got them promoted!

If he is as "highly rated" as some make him out to be then he should have taken that Wigan side and kicked on up the league, not have them fending off relegation for four years in a row before it eventually happened. You can't even say "he didn't have the money/backing" because throughout the time he was there he already had the players to stay in the league at least.

Attractive football is great, but not when you have a 25% win ratio. That should ring the alarm bells in it's own right, scary statistic that.

He's managed at more than one club you know...

Press conference: Roberto Martinez, Bill Kenwright, Robert Elstone and Chris Farnell

If he is as "highly rated" as some make him out to be then he should have taken that Wigan side and kicked on up the league, not have them fending off relegation for four years in a row before it eventually happened, even with that FA Cup run. You can't even say "he didn't have the money/backing" because throughout the time he was there he already had the players to stay in the league at least.

How do you work that one out?

FUMING ME

I WANTED DAT FELLA ID NEVER HEARD OFF TILL 6 WEEKS AGO

DO ONE YER REDCOAT

I'm happy.

We have a good defence with good defensive coaches. Moyes' weakness was out attack, and Martinez can sort that out, honestly expect Martinez to get more out of this team than Moyes did.

Can't wait to see how Martinez deals with the Baines/Pienaar partnership or the Coleman/Mirallas partnership. Can't wait to see what he can get out of Jelavic, or if he will play Barkley and Duffy abit more.
Could not agree more.

Also I have no problem with him bringing Wigan players into the club.

You are wasting your time here mate, they won't listen. Just sit back and see if Martinez is up for the job. If not, we can come back and moan (and of course I fear he may sign some crap players this summer).

I feel we should give him a chance.

He very well may produce the attractive football we want, and with a better defence we may press on. Give the bloke a chance. Who honestly was happy with Moyes 11 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back