Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see this going tits up

My hope for a new design

tZV98ok.jpg

for my wife...

Looks like a warehouse to me....sorry

It's a football field sized tribute to Mackey Fieldhouse (Butler University's basketball fieldhouse) which is the most iconic stadium in Indianapolis, aside from the Speedway of course. Take off the warehouse roof, and give it more flow. This could work. Lucas Oil is a terrific stadium, very user friendly. Indianapolis also understands how to run events. They use the facility with their location in the middle of the country to host national level events at Lucas Oil, well beyond just football and concerts. The national drum corps championships are pretty much permanently located there every August, for example.

View attachment 45353
Might not be to everyone’s taste, but I think that’s a cracking stadium personally.
I agree - I do like that stadium and would fit in well with docks, Titanic, Tobacco. If not then I was hoping ultra modern with glass like the US bank stadium or something different like Safeco field. Workshops and stadium orientation seem to have dispelled any hopes for a view of the city and 3 graces from inside the stadium/blue wall via some sort of glass window feature. Sounds like the concourses behind the new supa-stand will have that instead - great when you are eating your hot dog, but that won't really be captured by worldwide TV coverage. Shame as it really would have been something new for this country I think to incorporate that type of aspect from your seat within the ground, whether a blue or an away fan. Not complaining, just hoping we aren't missing an opportunity, although I guess I should leave that to the expert and his team. Really looking forward to the full reveal now - can't be too far way surely!

Like nothing else? Yes that was said but did you think a new material or building stadia was being invented for us? If it’s made of brick it doesn’t have to be a Lucas Oil stadium rip off just as if it’s made of steel it isn’t a Wembley rip off.

Have faith.
Its the hype i have issue with. I can easily be moved from my position on the brick thing tbh. Other than the location & the steepness, we have quite an average thing going on. There are stadiums that split in two, some have removable pitches, some can shut the roof, and many other things too.
We have a budget that gives us something nice but not World class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back