Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imho those are the final designs and if required rows will be stripped from the top to get the desired capacity.

The 1878 seats are located in the other end to the designated safe standing area, so I guess not as the profile of the stand is adjusted for this. Not that it couldn't be done in future, just would cost more.

What I find interesting with the 1878 seats from Goodison does that mean all the seats are the same width as the ones we already have? Or the extra width is provided by space between the seats? I know the ones in the main stand are narrow but I guess these would come from the Park End that maybe a bit wider for the more modern posterior. But even then surely they aren't up to the best that are around now. Having not sat in the PE I can't answer this.

Best guess would be right central in a new stand to try to create a 'core' section, cos lets face it they'd have to be hardcore to want the old seats

More likely is they do some weird 1878 spelling out in seats in a new stand.

If we look at the designs, it is fairly easy to see that 60k could easily have another couple of thousand added to it without drastically doing much. Fill in the gaps on the side of the home end, and the height of the gaps between the tiers appear to be there to add hospitality/premium seating at a later date if required. I'd imagine that another couple of rows could be added at least.

With regards to Goodison, absolute must that the Dixie statue and the Goodison Granites make the short journey to BMD. However, most of the rest I am happy to consign to the memory banks including the Archibald Leitch design. It is quintessentially Goodison, but I think our new home needs to be just that - new. Apart from Everton fans, football historians and maybe a few commentators/pundits, how many fans of other clubs would recognise the AL design at Goodison? Alongside the dock wall, dockers clock and pump house, there is plenty on-site to get excited about forming part of the characteristics of the waterfront location. Just hope we don't get caught up in designing a new stadium that satisfies the memories of Goodison but misses the opportunity to create something unique and unusual that enhances the whole city.

I love the Leitch design. But it’s important to remember it was not unique to Goodison. Similar latticework at Ibrox, Roker Park and Fratton Park and they are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

A fully brick exterior would bump the costs up massively. Can’t see it being that. Perhaps a mix of: brick, glass and steelwork.

Id like to think that a good bit of glass will be involved. Whats the point of having a stadium on the river and not making the most of the views across the river and towards the city.

I thought this myself about the seat size, also I hope they don't take my wooden seat for the 1878 stand because I'm hoping to take that with me after the last game, I've paid for it, I'm sure the stewards would understand

I don't really understand this. Why not just do the job now? Get 55-60k built and we're sorted.

Totally agree.

Redeveloping existing stadia costs a fortune. Just look at Anfield.

Let's get it right the first time. It doesn't have to be as big as Old Trafford, but surely we should be on a par with the likes of Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal in terms of capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back