Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the reason that the Lucas Oils place works in the USofA is that they don't have many old buildings over there so to make one look semi-authentic with brick exterior is successful. We have thousands of buildings over here that are hundreds of years old so imitating something that is 100 odd years old (like the other dock buildings) means jack shizzle to us.
I want modern and iconic that stands out from the docks, a building that shouts out 'hey look at me, I'm gorgeous'

I think part of the reason that the Lucas Oils place works in the USofA is that they don't have many old buildings over there so to make one look semi-authentic with brick exterior is successful. We have thousands of buildings over here that are hundreds of years old so imitating something that is 100 odd years old (like the other dock buildings) means jack shizzle to us.
I want modern and iconic that stands out from the docks, a building that shouts out 'hey look at me, I'm gorgeous'
The Young Lady!

If the new stadium is brick, I hope it’s not red brick. Could be; grey, blue, white, even yellow. But surely not red.

The walls around Bramley-Moore are a grey stone, perhaps something like that, up to about 10ft high, then steel and glass?

Meis tonight pretty much ruled out designing for the ability to expand. What he designs now capacity wise will be it for the foreseeable. His comment was, why would you put all the stuff there for a stadium to be a certain size and not pit in the seats straight away to take advantage of that stuff.

Also made a comment that the magic number will be 1 seat less than it takes to fill it every week.

Was a great suggestion from a fan though. ... in terms of tickets, could they not allocate seats on point of arrival rather than at point of booking, that way you sit near who you walk in with. If you bump into an old mate, you could sit together (if you wanted). Would also ensure the ground fills from the front upwards. I thought it was a pretty good idea to be fair.

Meis tonight pretty much ruled out designing for the ability to expand. What he designs now capacity wise will be it for the foreseeable. His comment was, why would you put all the stuff there for a stadium to be a certain size and not pit in the seats straight away to take advantage of that stuff.

Also made a comment that the magic number will be 1 seat less than it takes to fill it every week.

Was a great suggestion from a fan though. ... in terms of tickets, could they not allocate seats on point of arrival rather than at point of booking, that way you sit near who you walk in with. If you bump into an old mate, you could sit together (if you wanted). Would also ensure the ground fills from the front upwards. I thought it was a pretty good idea to be fair.
And call it something wacky like "unreserved seating"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back