Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meis tonight pretty much ruled out designing for the ability to expand. What he designs now capacity wise will be it for the foreseeable. His comment was, why would you put all the stuff there for a stadium to be a certain size and not pit in the seats straight away to take advantage of that stuff.

Also made a comment that the magic number will be 1 seat less than it takes to fill it every week.

Was a great suggestion from a fan though. ... in terms of tickets, could they not allocate seats on point of arrival rather than at point of booking, that way you sit near who you walk in with. If you bump into an old mate, you could sit together (if you wanted). Would also ensure the ground fills from the front upwards. I thought it was a pretty good idea to be fair.

As somebody who enters the ground at 2.55 for a 3 o'clock kick off, but has a seat in the 4th row, I think this is a terrible idea.

Is there not something that means unreserved seating isn't allowed. This essentially gets round it.

There are massive restrictions on capacity for unreserved seating due to health and safety. It's also a bit unfair that someone can just waltz in and nick your seat. I don't think it's a feasible or fair idea.

As somebody who enters the ground at 2.55 for a 3 o'clock kick off, but has a seat in the 4th row, I think this is a terrible idea.

Only for a certain section. Your buy a ticket for the section, and take your chances. One plus for the club is people would get there early to get a good seat and would end up eating/drinking more.

Only for a certain section. Your buy a ticket for the section, and take your chances. One plus for the club is people would get there early to get a good seat and would end up eating/drinking more.

I did notice a neutral area on the plans for a new stadium, so maybe its something thats being considered.

Meis tonight pretty much ruled out designing for the ability to expand. What he designs now capacity wise will be it for the foreseeable. His comment was, why would you put all the stuff there for a stadium to be a certain size and not pit in the seats straight away to take advantage of that stuff.

Also made a comment that the magic number will be 1 seat less than it takes to fill it every week.

Was a great suggestion from a fan though. ... in terms of tickets, could they not allocate seats on point of arrival rather than at point of booking, that way you sit near who you walk in with. If you bump into an old mate, you could sit together (if you wanted). Would also ensure the ground fills from the front upwards. I thought it was a pretty good idea to be fair.

Yes went myself tonight. Thought it was excellent and answered a lot of my own queries before I got to ask them.
I put my hand up to ask about expansion the same time as that lad asked about it so I was saved from speaking in public!

As you say we could only fit just over 60000 in there, probably not even 65000. To my mind then we have to go all in for at least 60000.

Wow imagine that for a night game. Full of al e and you have to find your seat? I have had the same seat for 19 years and still struggle to find it

So all the people who have been in the alehouse till the last minute will be stuck on the highest tier of a VERY steep stadium.

giphy.gif

Let's face it we were not going to expand it anyhow even if the possibility was engineered into the design. Not for the first 30 odd years at least. Makes it even more important to have a good capacity to start with. You see how many are drooling over sitting in that, no doubt in my mind that we would sell out a 60k.

I think part of the reason that the Lucas Oils place works in the USofA is that they don't have many old buildings over there so to make one look semi-authentic with brick exterior is successful. We have thousands of buildings over here that are hundreds of years old so imitating something that is 100 odd years old (like the other dock buildings) means jack shizzle to us.
I want modern and iconic that stands out from the docks, a building that shouts out 'hey look at me, I'm gorgeous'
Yeah but think saying the same thing in the 70s, ending up with something "modern" from the 70s. Twenty years later everything made in the 70s was horribly dated and cringetastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back