Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't tell me that if it is the want by the club, the North stand couldn't be a bit bigger, as could the home end, making it 61,878.
I don't believe for one minute it can't be done due to site restrictions.
It will come down to not having the finances predominantly if it isn't done, and fear of not filling the stadium as a secondary concern in my opinion.

That's what we are led to believe - a pint in the "Bullens Rd Bar" (decorated with the Leitch pattern) overlooking the city. Be especially good at night games, I reckon.

I'm hoping the bar can be accessible in the week also as they were discussing more regular use for that and the fanzone, maybe able to secure of the actual pitch side and open the bar, of course it needs the connectivity with the rest of the city

They are either side of the home end and whilst they are not huge you could get a few hundred extra seats in each:

View attachment 45367

I don't believe we will be able to add a third tier to the 1878 end as that stand will be up against the boundary. We would need to purchase and flatten the waste water plant to do so.

There's plenty of room to widen it there, only the grass verges. You could get another six feet, knock down that hospital.

I'm hoping the bar can be accessible in the week also as they were discussing more regular use for that and the fanzone, maybe able to secure of the actual pitch side and open the bar, of course it needs the connectivity with the rest of the city
I would hope that Everton can make revenue 24/7 somehow.

Lucas Oil is like an awful 90s shopping centre from the outside. It’s a terrible pastiche.

I’d be heartbroken if our ground was ruined with an exterior like that.

If the brick stadium spectrum runs from Lucas Oil to the new Chelsea stadium, I hope ours is closer to the latter.

View attachment 45348 View attachment 45349 View attachment 45350

It may not be perfect, but at least they are trying something original.

That's a straight up Eastern block atrocity...just missing a Stalin statue.

Lucas Oil is like an awful 90s shopping centre from the outside. It’s a terrible pastiche.

I’d be heartbroken if our ground was ruined with an exterior like that.

If the brick stadium spectrum runs from Lucas Oil to the new Chelsea stadium, I hope ours is closer to the latter.

View attachment 45348 View attachment 45349 View attachment 45350

It may not be perfect, but at least they are trying something original.

That is awful. "At least they are trying"? I doubt that's what their fans will say having to go there for the next however many decades.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about this safe standing, it's a phallacy, you stand in your designated box with a flip down seat and hope somebody 7foot doesn't stand in front of you. Unless you get like minded, singers or chanter sitting together it will still be the same with some misery arses standing but still not singing. "I've paid for me ticket, I don't have to sing"
One lad tonight had the great idea of a turn up and sit together with your mates approach, no designated seating, first come first served, I thought that's a great idea to get a bit of camaraderie going
Overall I thought the presentation was good and showed at least the designs are coming on, even if the money isn't secured yet.
Also it seems Dan's assistant is running the project.
I was pleasantly surprised, even if Rich Kenyon from the club, fluffed his way as quick as possible through the capacity, funding and other key points at the beginning.
The free sarnies and tea/coffee in the Winslow was a nice touch aswell.

ooh-matron.gif

I don't think we will be. I believe around 55-57 in the end.
I also just read this elsewhere

"He referenced the Titanic Hotel several times, and also Camden Yards baseball stadium."

If we Everton the below pics with some blue and white it could look great...

oriole70.jpg

Camden-Yards.jpg

3a-WAREHOUSE-Camden-Yards.2.ES_-600x330.jpg

titanic-hotel-liverpool.jpg

1_Titanic-Liverpool-homepage-slideshow_3_1.jpg

Can a Yank get an OBE? Or what's the Scouse (not English) equivalent? If he did a Camden Yards on Mersey, he'd be a free drink in the city for life.

34sfry1.png

Do you think that's a clue to the design of the outside of the stadium... Looks a bit like the baseball stadium he mentioned with the windows in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back