Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too bothered about the outside, but he hinted about "acoustic?/engineering? lighting" meaning that the stadium lights on the outside would reflect or light up the Mersey? Something like that anyway. I'd never heard of it before so cant remember the exact name of it. He said it towards the end after someone asked a question on that type of lighting.

I'm not too bothered about the outside, but he hinted about "acoustic?/engineering? lighting" meaning that the stadium lights on the outside would reflect or light up the Mersey? Something like that anyway. I'd never heard of it before so cant remember the exact name of it. He said it towards the end after someone asked a question on that type of lighting.
Great detective work mate ;)

Floodlighting?

The more I hear about this the more the below picture makes sense. A brick base that looks like it's been there for yonks and then a protruding modern blue bit. It is architecturally similar to renovations of a lot of Georgian/Victorian buildings in cities up and down the land where the external facade remains but the new building is inside and extensions placed on top. And the below also looks like it has 'grown out of the dock'.

img_20171221_172120-jpg.45131

Acoustic engineering. they use a recording, and use the acoustic properties of the model and its components to accurately predict the acoustic performance of the stadium design. Basically, they can predict the sound of the ground to absolute accuracy, before the thing is even built, and while it is in the design stages, they can tweak it to improve it.

Acoustic engineering. they use a recording, and use the acoustic properties of the model and its components to accurately predict the acoustic performance of the stadium design. Basically, they can predict the sound of the ground to absolute accuracy, before the thing is even built, and while it is in the design stages, they can tweak it to improve it.

That was different to what I meant, it was architectural lighting, BUT I'm glad you mistook it that sounds good that. I wonder if that's linked then to when he was talking about the software that they used in the ground which showed where the noise started and how and where it spread? I know we know where it starts but it's great that they take the time to care about these things.

From that I wonder how it ties in with the positioning of the safe standing? Regulations over gradients for standing are under 25 degrees so I expect that is why they have got it at the front. Whereas when fans group together to start chants you'd traditionally go to the back in part so that you're closest to the roof to make the songs sound louder meaning they'd spread quicker.

That was different to what I meant, it was architectural lighting, BUT I'm glad you mistook it that sounds good that. I wonder if that's linked then to when he was talking about the software that they used in the ground which showed where the noise started and how and where it spread? I know we know where it starts but it's great that they take the time to care about these things.

From that I wonder how it ties in with the positioning of the safe standing? Regulations over gradients for standing are under 25 degrees so I expect that is why they have got it at the front. Whereas when fans group together to start chants you'd traditionally go to the back in part so that you're closest to the roof to make the songs sound louder meaning they'd spread quicker.

Yeah, that's the same thing. They use computer modelling to recreate the effects of the sound waves. They can take a recording, deaden it, and use that sound profile to show how it would react to any space/material. When he said they can see how the sound reacts in the ground, he would have been referring to the BMD model.

Yeah, that's the same thing. They use computer modelling to recreate the effects of the sound waves. They can take a recording, deaden it, and use that sound profile to show how it would react to any space/material. When he said they can see how the sound reacts in the ground, he would have been referring to the BMD model.

You can imagine it, only get recording of boos and having to play that back against different materials to see what amplified it the best! No wonder there's no roof on the images!

I hope it's not red brick but white granite something nearer the Three Graces and a lot of other buildings in Liverpool.

Red brick would be awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back