Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
34sfry1.png

Do you think that's a clue to the design of the outside of the stadium... Looks a bit like the baseball stadium he mentioned with the windows in the middle.
??? WTF.

I don't think we will be. I believe around 55-57 in the end.
I also just read this elsewhere

"He referenced the Titanic Hotel several times, and also Camden Yards baseball stadium."

If we Everton the below pics with some blue and white it could look great...

oriole70.jpg

Camden-Yards.jpg

3a-WAREHOUSE-Camden-Yards.2.ES_-600x330.jpg
So, Camden yards is my home stadium here, great to see him reference the home of one of my favorite sports teams. Its a beautiful stadium, one of the best in the league and has been for decades.

With regards to Goodison, absolute must that the Dixie statue and the Goodison Granites make the short journey to BMD. However, most of the rest I am happy to consign to the memory banks including the Archibald Leitch design. It is quintessentially Goodison, but I think our new home needs to be just that - new. Apart from Everton fans, football historians and maybe a few commentators/pundits, how many fans of other clubs would recognise the AL design at Goodison? Alongside the dock wall, dockers clock and pump house, there is plenty on-site to get excited about forming part of the characteristics of the waterfront location. Just hope we don't get caught up in designing a new stadium that satisfies the memories of Goodison but misses the opportunity to create something unique and unusual that enhances the whole city.

Pretty sure an image posted yesterday had Leitch along the front of a bar?

I'm sure he said tonight that the steepest parts of this stadium are slightly steeper than top balcony.

Terrifying.

Lovely.

So, Camden yards is my home stadium here, great to see him reference the home of one of my favorite sports teams. Its a beautiful stadium, one of the best in the league and has been for decades.
What’s that long monster of a building in the bottom pic?

I don't think we will be. I believe around 55-57 in the end.
I also just read this elsewhere

"He referenced the Titanic Hotel several times, and also Camden Yards baseball stadium."

If we Everton the below pics with some blue and white it could look great...

oriole70.jpg

Camden-Yards.jpg

3a-WAREHOUSE-Camden-Yards.2.ES_-600x330.jpg

titanic-hotel-liverpool.jpg

1_Titanic-Liverpool-homepage-slideshow_3_1.jpg
Just give me Camden yards on the docks .

Hilarious little snippet from those idiots, but why would we expect any different? Our Europa League home attendance being 23,000 is probably true but that's because only about 15k showed up for that dead rubber against Atalanta when we were already out. The other two games had strong attendances. But why let the truth get in the way of a great story to bash us?

Cultist behaviour.
In all fairness some of them are very supportive, but the majority are so bitter!

As somebody who enters the ground at 2.55 for a 3 o'clock kick off, but has a seat in the 4th row, I think this is a terrible idea.

At least you're not one of those in the Upper Gwladys St who every game turn up sometime between 5 and 10 past 3, disappear 5 minutes before half time! Come back late for the start of the second half, then irrespective of the state of the game are off with 5 minutes to go!

Haven't actually worked out why they bother!

At least you're not one of those in the Upper Gwladys St who every game turn up sometime between 5 and 10 past 3, disappear 5 minutes before half time! Come back late for the start of the second half, then irrespective of the state of the game are off with 5 minutes to go!

Haven't actually worked out why they bother!
I’ve got the same issue in the upper st end . And being on the end of the row makes it worse .

I can’t disagree. But I admire the bravery of their choice.

There’s no sense creating a fashionable stadium, it has to transcend the five or ten year period in which it’s designed and built.

I remember thinking the new Wembley looked great when it was first built. All I think when I look at it now is ‘boring.’ Same with the Emirates, Etihad and every other football stadium built in England in at least the last 40 years.

I’d much rather we make a slightly mental architectural statement than something safe and trendy.
Yes mate, think of the Sydney Opera House, built 45 years ago and still iconic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back