Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he said tonight that the steepest parts of this stadium are slightly steeper than top balcony.

Terrifying.
Yeah he mentioned the steepness, and he said some people have commented that it looks scarily steep, but that he had to make steep, so it's not steep for steeps sake. The views on the back row are the same on each stand. That was another thing I was telling myself to ask about but got away without having to.

He mentioned that they've discussed about also having safe standing in the North stand as well. Also said about that wall going around it can't be touched a con of which is having to have a smaller North stand.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about this safe standing, it's a phallacy, you stand in your designated box with a flip down seat and hope somebody 7foot doesn't stand in front of you. Unless you get like minded, singers or chanter sitting together it will still be the same with some misery arses standing but still not singing. "I've paid for me ticket, I don't have to sing"
One lad tonight had the great idea of a turn up and sit together with your mates approach, no designated seating, first come first served, I thought that's a great idea to get a bit of camaraderie going
Overall I thought the presentation was good and showed at least the designs are coming on, even if the money isn't secured yet.
Also it seems Dan's assistant is running the project.
I was pleasantly surprised, even if Rich Kenyon from the club, fluffed his way as quick as possible through the capacity, funding and other key points at the beginning.
The free sarnies and tea/coffee in the Winslow was a nice touch aswell.

I like what has been shared so far.
Four differing stands, Great Steep Home end, pre-post match views of the Mersey and The Graces, some good suggestions about the colour/style of the “brick” build to give us a unique look, unlike other stadiums, by matching the docks, in keeping with our city heritage and the styles of what exists along the waterfront.

The shape and exterior could be iconic by design irrespective of capacity... really do still wish there was a consideration for a roof though, that would be a first in the Premier League and also Iconic, and atmosphere boosting.

The main thing I don’t get however, is how is the Capacity narrative is still “up for debate”?

I’d be happy to argue all day for the pros of going bigger than what we could fill, as it’s not my money, and I believe a statement like that, would have wider ranging pluses, with respect to transfer targets, commercial deals, and embracing a new era of ambition and intent to match our motto, rather than accepting inferior, lesser, not as capable as others that we have been induced to expecting as per our place in the recent footballing heirachy. But what do I know? I’d go if we were scoring overheaders in Champions League matches or own goals in League One.

Surely after what has been shared in these workshops, whether it is with a view to get more input, or cynically just tick a box exercise, why go through the rigmarole of leading blues on like they have an input on the Stadium size?

If it’s been decided, they could have said it has been decided, with a later reveal, and that ends that, with no questions to be answered on this, as per any attempt to get information confirmed about the exterior at this stage. Blues attending this week would have to forget it, as it’s decided, and trust those involved in this, have projected it right.

But all this nonsense being peddled about between certain numbers, and the magic number being 1 less than it would be to fill, has given me for the first time some doubts whether the project plan is as far down the line as they are making out.

Surely now, they have decided capacity, the same way as by showing the interior design, they know what the external framework has to be???

If they haven’t, then seriously how can it be believed that financing, and planning, are likely to be secured in the timescales being suggested...

Typical Everton, get your hopes up and the leave you wondering WTF is actually going on?

If the new stadium is brick, I hope it’s not red brick. Could be; grey, blue, white, even yellow. But surely not red.

The walls around Bramley-Moore are a grey stone, perhaps something like that, up to about 10ft high, then steel and glass?
Surely some blue and white will run through the predominant brick colour?
I can see possibilities with that.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about this safe standing, it's a phallacy, you stand in your designated box with a flip down seat and hope somebody 7foot doesn't stand in front of you. Unless you get like minded, singers or chanter sitting together it will still be the same with some misery arses standing but still not singing. "I've paid for me ticket, I don't have to sing"
One lad tonight had the great idea of a turn up and sit together with your mates approach, no designated seating, first come first served, I thought that's a great idea to get a bit of camaraderie going
Overall I thought the presentation was good and showed at least the designs are coming on, even if the money isn't secured yet.
Also it seems Dan's assistant is running the project.
I was pleasantly surprised, even if Rich Kenyon from the club, fluffed his way as quick as possible through the capacity, funding and other key points at the beginning.
The free sarnies and tea/coffee in the Winslow was a nice touch aswell.
What, free sarnies in the Winslow? Ah balls I didn't know about that

So all the people who have been in the alehouse till the last minute will be stuck on the highest tier of a VERY steep stadium.

giphy.gif

I suppose people have had trouser accidents their first time in the Top Balcony following the initial " Whooooooaaaa " . Has anybody ever fainted and fallen off

I'm sure he said tonight that the steepest parts of this stadium are slightly steeper than top balcony.

Terrifying.
I haven’t been in the top balcony for years but I recall on the odd occasion I went in there it made me feel sick walking down to your seat.

I don't think we have a say on stadium capacity, it seems fixed by the north-south boundary, the space for fanzone (and the restrictions the roadside wall gives) and keeping the dock link channel in, we'll get as close to the pitch as possible and with maximum safe gradient.
This means it isn't a choice just maths.
From what he was saying/hinting I think it will be around 57,000 max, which is probably about right for us, even if 61878 would be the perfect number.

I don't think we have a say on stadium capacity, it seems fixed by the north-south boundary, the space for fanzone (and the restrictions the roadside wall gives) and keeping the dock link channel in, we'll get as close to the pitch as possible and with maximum safe gradient.
This means it isn't a choice just maths.
From what he was saying/hinting I think it will be around 57,000 max, which is probably about right for us, even if 61878 would be the perfect number.
You can't tell me that if it is the want by the club, the North stand couldn't be a bit bigger, as could the home end, making it 61,878.
I don't believe for one minute it can't be done due to site restrictions.
It will come down to not having the finances predominantly if it isn't done, and fear of not filling the stadium as a secondary concern in my opinion.

Thats the one thing that has disappointed me, the home end not being in the north. Then we can have that view of the city over the smaller stand as you say. Seems a missed opportunity.
If I have understood what has been said so far, the single stand to the south will have a concourse that looks out onto the city. So the fans in that stand will be able to look over the city when drinking before the game.

If that is correct then I think it’s a good decision. When the game is on you’ll hopefully be watching what’s happening on the pitch. When you have a drink before or after the game you can have a view of the city.

Maybe so, hopefully a teaser and we are getting 61878.
I don't think we will be. I believe around 55-57 in the end.
I also just read this elsewhere

"He referenced the Titanic Hotel several times, and also Camden Yards baseball stadium."

If we Everton the below pics with some blue and white it could look great...

oriole70.jpg

Camden-Yards.jpg

3a-WAREHOUSE-Camden-Yards.2.ES_-600x330.jpg

titanic-hotel-liverpool.jpg

1_Titanic-Liverpool-homepage-slideshow_3_1.jpg

If I have understood what has been said so far, the single stand to the south will have a concourse that looks out onto the city. So the fans in that stand will be able to look over the city when drinking before the game.

If that is correct then I think it’s a good decision. When the game is on you’ll hopefully be watching what’s happening on the pitch. When you have a drink before or after the game you can have a view of the city.

That's what we are led to believe - a pint in the "Bullens Rd Bar" (decorated with the Leitch pattern) overlooking the city. Be especially good at night games, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back