Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand this. Why not just do the job now? Get 55-60k built and we're sorted.
What I mean is, if we go out next season and buy top class players and start challenging for Europe the demand for tickets will grow.If this can be rectified easily in the building process then bang in the extra seats.

Yes mate, the Kop End at Anfield holds 13,000 while the Holte End at Villa Park holds 13,500.

We need to be aiming for something bigger and better than the home end at Villa Park.

I tend to agree with you there.

A lack of ambition is never a good foundation for a big project like this.

If we look at the designs, it is fairly easy to see that 60k could easily have another couple of thousand added to it without drastically doing much. Fill in the gaps on the side of the home end, and the height of the gaps between the tiers appear to be there to add hospitality/premium seating at a later date if required. I'd imagine that another couple of rows could be added at least.

What gaps ?

Is there a full rendering out there ?

450E2DE1-EE3A-4D5E-A857-4DB760D652FE.webp
22EFE937-1458-45E4-AD92-6C875C015A8F.webp

How is your new mutt doing mate?

Sound mate. Hair like Tom Davies.

Porto have a wall with a brick/tile with the name of each person who sat int he seat for the inaugural game, impressive to see like

@MickA

The Dragao also leaves the away sides players under no illusions whatever they are at the home of FC Porto.

I agree - I do like that stadium and would fit in well with docks, Titanic, Tobacco. If not then I was hoping ultra modern with glass like the US bank stadium or something different like Safeco field. Workshops and stadium orientation seem to have dispelled any hopes for a view of the city and 3 graces from inside the stadium/blue wall via some sort of glass window feature. Sounds like the concourses behind the new supa-stand will have that instead - great when you are eating your hot dog, but that won't really be captured by worldwide TV coverage. Shame as it really would have been something new for this country I think to incorporate that type of aspect from your seat within the ground, whether a blue or an away fan. Not complaining, just hoping we aren't missing an opportunity, although I guess I should leave that to the expert and his team. Really looking forward to the full reveal now - can't be too far way surely!

Thats the one thing that has disappointed me, the home end not being in the north. Then we can have that view of the city over the smaller stand as you say. Seems a missed opportunity.

Sound mate. Hair like Tom Davies.

The Dragao also leaves the away sides players under no illusions whatever they are at the home of FC Porto.

Thats the one thing that has disappointed me, the home end not being in the north. Then we can have that view of the city over the smaller stand as you say. Seems a missed opportunity.

I went yesterday and came out with the impression that the north end was the home end?

I can get that view. But for me, whether its brick, steel, glass or plastercine, it has to be instantly recognisable as our football ground. I that takes a while, then fine.

That's the crux for me too....
It has to be instantly recognizable as our football ground...

I agree the noises and info from him yesterday were all the ones we wanted to hear.

However, they are just concepts and he's committed himself to nothing. He wont be given a blank canvas to work on. Numbers, design and materials will be straitjacketed by financial and political realities.

...as is the case with every design & construction project in the world.

Cheers mate

Can’t see many gaps in the corners although the stand with the screen could support a 2nd tier I reckon

They are either side of the home end and whilst they are not huge you could get a few hundred extra seats in each:

20180403_212426.webp

I don't believe we will be able to add a third tier to the 1878 end as that stand will be up against the boundary. We would need to purchase and flatten the waste water plant to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back