Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be sitting in it for 2 hours approx 25 times a year - being world class isn't really a concern for me - I'd rather what was on the pitch was world class. The atmosphere the fans are able to create in there will dictate to me whether its world class - all the rest is just fluff IMO.

Rather than looking back at GP the design should have a statement about the city...something that associates the club in the mind obviously for the watching global audience.

It's our chance to regain that association that Liverpool FC have monopolised for decades.

How that should be done is his area of expertise.
Totally agree with this. Need to re-establish to the rest of the world that Everton is in Liverpool, that we were there first and we are reemerging (hopefully) as a force to be reckoned with. The city is shared by two big football clubs but one will have its new base on the waterfront, the other out of sight in the suburbs. Tie this in with the Goodison legacy and Moshiri/Corestates ownership of the Liver building, and we are starting to make the right moves.

Rather than looking back at GP the design should have a statement about the city...something that associates the club in the mind obviously for the watching global audience.

It's our chance to regain that association that Liverpool FC have monopolised for decades.

How that should be done is his area of expertise.
I reckon he’ll make a good fist of it y’know.

With regards to Goodison, absolute must that the Dixie statue and the Goodison Granites make the short journey to BMD. However, most of the rest I am happy to consign to the memory banks including the Archibald Leitch design. It is quintessentially Goodison, but I think our new home needs to be just that - new. Apart from Everton fans, football historians and maybe a few commentators/pundits, how many fans of other clubs would recognise the AL design at Goodison? Alongside the dock wall, dockers clock and pump house, there is plenty on-site to get excited about forming part of the characteristics of the waterfront location. Just hope we don't get caught up in designing a new stadium that satisfies the memories of Goodison but misses the opportunity to create something unique and unusual that enhances the whole city.

I agree the noises and info from him yesterday were all the ones we wanted to hear.

However, they are just concepts and he's committed himself to nothing. He wont be given a blank canvas to work on. Numbers, design and materials will be straitjacketed by financial and political realities.

Imho those are the final designs and if required rows will be stripped from the top to get the desired capacity.

As a interesting point btw, wonder if those 1878 seats are gonna be stuck in the area which is earmarked for safe standing? get the 'hardcore' in them and rip them out should the law change etc

The 1878 seats are located in the other end to the designated safe standing area, so I guess not as the profile of the stand is adjusted for this. Not that it couldn't be done in future, just would cost more.

What I find interesting with the 1878 seats from Goodison does that mean all the seats are the same width as the ones we already have? Or the extra width is provided by space between the seats? I know the ones in the main stand are narrow but I guess these would come from the Park End that maybe a bit wider for the more modern posterior. But even then surely they aren't up to the best that are around now. Having not sat in the PE I can't answer this.

Agree completely with this.

As you know Dan, live in Russia now, bar one person tired of having to explain WHY Everton have my support as a Liverpudlian... your from Liverpool why don't you support Liverpool is a constant source of frustration and endless explanation of why Everton IS liverpool etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back