Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are going we wil lose a generation of local supporters with the way we are performing compared to our local rivals. We don’t need 60k in my opinion. There would be thousands of empty seats most weeks after the first season novelty has worn off. The stadium would lose intimacy as steepness and proximity would have to be sacrificed. They are trying to create a home field advantage which we could lose in too large a stadium. I know it is difficult given the boards track record but surely they have access to the best data on this to make the best estimate.

This club have emailed me every week, text me and called asking to renew my season. Despite doing so months ago.

They don’t do data.

I could not care less if it’s 50k or 60k as long as the potential for 70k is accommodated. The number is partially irrelevant as long as it’s intimidating. As for standing it’s a massive must. But I hope for 1.5 persons per seat eventually as that’s a free capacity increase

I could not care less if it’s 50k or 60k as long as the potential for 70k is accommodated. The number is partially irrelevant as long as it’s intimidating. As for standing it’s a massive must. But I hope for 1.5 persons per seat eventually as that’s a free capacity increase

The point is, it isn't free at all. You'd have to i initially design a stadium for people who your not expecting to be there. I can understand his reasoning on this, though I don't necassarily agree with his seemingly ultimate conclusion.

So then what you wrote here is not true?

I am a season ticket holder but appreciate how difficult it is to get tickets for home games.

Why on earth were looking at building anything less but than 58/60k is criminal.

With the natural increase in purchases that will occur from stadium move, coupled with the waiting list for season tickets increasing, the chance of obtaining tickets for walk up fans will be reduced further.

What will happen? We will lose further generations of fans that were currently losing to trophy winning teams. Why?

Well because we don’t win anything and they won’t have an opportunity get a ticket.

In a weird way, long term, a smaller stadium could reduce our long term fan base when we should be using the stadium move to build it.

Utterly criminal

AND they won’t have the opportunity to purchase a ticket..

Are you on the beer or simply unable/unwilling to read actual words?

He said the club hopes that we'll be there by the 2022/23 season. One fan who said he was in his 90s said that he might not see the stadium but Meis said "I'm sure you will". Someoene said that Wayne Rooney hopes to play there.... new contract maybe? o_O
Old guy guilt tripping Meis into getting a move on, fair play to him, probably a war vet.

*salutes

AND they won’t have the opportunity to purchase a ticket..

Are you on the beer or simply unable/unwilling to read actual words?

So, help me understand, what you're actually saying is that if BMD is less than 60,000 seats, (a) the team won't win and (b) kids won't be able to purchase a ticket, but if the ground is built larger than 60,000, (a) the team would win and (b) kids would be able to purchase tickets?

I mean, I guess that's one interpretation of what you wrote, but it's no more meaningful, nor correct, than the original.

I doubt that you'd have 50,000 sleeping STHs at the park preventing kids from seeing the match. That just doesn't make any sense. You'll still have the "my dad/uncle took me to my first match with a spare ticket" situation, and I doubt the club would ever sell all seats to STHs anyway. You're talking about expanding seating by 11,000 to (as much as) 20,000 without even reaching 60k seats. That quite a few more seats.

If BM had a 50k capacity and we say 4k of that is premium, we have 6k more seats than what we have now but with the small increase in disabled spaces and i'd imagine a couple of thousand extra season tickets who are on the waiting list now and we are only talking 4ish more to go on general sale. It's not a lot my friend. I don't think it will be that low but that is the struggle. I would like to see 10k extra general sales and for that we would need around 56k and that is if they don't give a percentage of that 6k increase available to be purchased as season tickets.

If BM had a 50k capacity and we say 4k of that is premium, we have 6k more seats than what we have now but with the small increase in disabled spaces and i'd imagine a couple of thousand extra season tickets who are on the waiting list now and we are only talking 4ish more to go on general sale. It's not a lot my friend. I don't think it will be that low but that is the struggle. I would like to see 10k extra general sales and for that we would need around 56k and that is if they don't give a percentage of that 6k increase available to be purchased as season tickets.

Let’s be clear: I’m not anti large capacity. I am anti stupid argument. And I am pro cauldron. I was simply offering another contect above for Meis’ words other than “we want people to have a hard time finding tickets.”

As ATL UTD have shown, you can sell 70k seats, double their expectations, and that’s in a [Poor language removed] sports town by Yank standards.

Stop kidding ourselves people. All the talk of iconic, best atmosphere and all is complete fluffity fluff if they don't go for absolute minimum of 55k.
Not buying any spin that comes from Everton or an architect.

Was there yesterday he clearly pointed out as others have stated that fans have been driving this more to 60k than 50k. Oddly I think it's the CEO that's dictating to Meis about a lower capacity and the need to not have empty seats.

For me 60k (or 61878) simply has to be our capacity. Not everyone agrees it's what we're all debating.

I was sitting with someone called David, you weren't sat on the front row were you?

Looking at what's been released so far the north stand is the only one with any possible room for expansion and that looks limited to bring the seat lines level to the sides.

The steepness of the rest of the stadium makes extensions there pretty much impractical. They simply have to call this initial capacity correctly.

This club have emailed me every week, text me and called asking to renew my season. Despite doing so months ago.

They don’t do data.

On the subject of this, did anybody at the workshops mention smart tech at the stadium? This is an area we have the opportunity to be truly innovative in.

The current digital offerings, both customer facing and back-end, are very poor. They look woefully underfunded and not part of any overarching strategy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back