Dave Sibson - Evertonian now Banned for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there was more to what he said the press would have been all over it, why would they quote the swearing but not report anything else? they are more than happy to report what other racist rants in the media, big ron etc

if it is what he said then i think anyone who has been to a game this season should be banned due to the frustration of watching a load of french, scottish, spainsh, english, nigerian, australian, american, dutch, russian, irish, belgian (insert any i missed) lazy bastards!

Seemed harsh...I don't think he's that lazy. I like to think he prowls waiting to strike.

On a serious note, it does seem harsh, especially if he's already been banned from Goodison. A talking to, a fine, an explanation of the offence (Final warning) with no ban at all (incl Goodison) might of been more appropriate if he's had no other issues in 20 years.
On the flip side, if he's been effing and jeffing at full volume for 90 mins 10 yards from the family enclosure and ignoring people asking him to be quite then maybe a ban...

Don't know the full story....but when I read it my instinct was whoa that's harsh...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...-racist-heckle-at-louis-saha-100252-28400787/

if there was more to what he said the press would have been all over it, why would they quote the swearing but not report anything else? they are more than happy to report what other racist rants in the media, big ron etc

if it is what he said then i think anyone who has been to a game this season should be banned due to the frustration of watching a load of french, scottish, spainsh, english, nigerian, australian, american, dutch, russian, irish, belgian (insert any i missed) lazy bastards!

I think its ok if you're English to call someone English a lazy so and so...but if you call another nationality one, that's when you obviously get banned for 3 years.

Good post mate. I'm one of the so called PC Brigade, which I hope means someone who detests racism. I'm glad he was reported, not sure how else you get rid of the evil of racism. But he didn't kill anyone, didn't harm anyone. and I still think that t the punishment seems excessive in the extreme.

Are you really saying calling someone FRENCH is racism? But is he not French?? So i assume by saying you are blacktoffee is also a form af racism? Glad he was reported, tut tut, for what having an opinion. PC brigade pr not mate, you seem to be lacking the one thing all pc brigade lovers do. Common sence. A complete waste of money, time, resources, for what.............the words lazy, [Poor language removed] and French. It is people such as yourself with self rightous views that has dragged the UK to a ****hole of ao a country. And oh i'll leave this with you, are you telling me you've never called anyone from their birthplace.
And as for Dave, gutted for him. And its not right, not at all. Shame on the so called justice system for letting this go ahead, maybe they should focus on giving real punishment for the more serious crimes we hear about. But course not i bet you say blacktoffee, coz i bet your all up on human rights too. PC and HR always go hand in hand.

So what's the difference then? Not everyone sees it as a Black and White thing, and why is racism any different to calling a Gay man a queer, or calling someone a Chinese ****? They can all be considered offensive, either way. Who's to say it wasn't a French Evertonian who reported him, or someone of French origin?

You can't have one rule for racism and another for lots of different ways to abuse someone, whether it's because of race, gender, Religious beliefs, sexuality or nationality, people will react to things in different ways. There's got to be a level of consistency there.

Can i just ask then, what to you call someone from say England......English........no way. Ok lets try Scotland........ooooh Scottish.....oh no i said it didnt i. Ok last one see if i got this right, i am from Wales........ok ok im gonna say it.....Im Welsh...oh no he didint.......
There is no way on Earth that calling someone by their nationality is racism, no matter how its painted.

hang on, so if you call the french prime minister french thats racist? worlds go mad! i am not posting in this thread anymore as the world gone mad - im going to be offended is someone calls me scouse from now on coz thats how this country rolls now!

What if i called Hibbo a ginger scouse prick ? I play Football with a lad called Kirkby Keith too, i don't know how he got the name, its just how he was introduced to me. How far down the line does it constitute racism ?

Sharpy, I know that you hate facts, it spoils a good rant. But the truth is the guy was charged with a public order offence including alleged racially aggravated harassment. That's why I doubt the whole "I only called him French line" doesn't really square with the charge.

You also conveniently leave out my comment that I feel that the 3 year ban is disproportionate to the offence.

I'd keep drinking that bleach if I was you, might help your face blend into that white pointed hood thing you wear when you come on here.

And yet you are happy for Dave to be banned for less offensive words. I think that makes you hypocrite. Well done for blowing your whole opinions on racism there pal :)

Last edited:

Just thought I'd let you all know I've just had this text message from Dave about his court case today.
Please dont forget this was meant for his mates and me and not directed at anyone on here.

Quote:
"Message to you all I'm 2 gutted 2 speak 2 anyone so bear with me.
I feel so let down and so f***in angry so here goes.
I have been bound over for 2yrs,fined £400,and wait for it Banned from attending all football matches for 3 yrs.
Text if you like thats ok but I'm so gutted, dumbfounded and angry and totally f***ed in the head.
Love you all Dave Sibbo- Everton Dave.
And yes all on the Charge of Saha you useless French lazy [Poor language removed] and Nothing else."

We'll probably read a bit more in the papers but the above text was to me from Dave.

Well I'm gutted for him too - the PC Brigade has got its way and made a mountain out of a molehill.
Bound over ok, Fined ok, but banned for three years - and banning a man that has hardly missed an Everton game -home, away or abroad for 20 odd years - never been spoken to by the Police anywhere has now been banned for 3 years - not just from Goodison but all matches.
Well for those of you that thought he should be banned you've got your way - for me - the whole verdict stinks but why would anyone be surprised.
It makes me ashamed that a true Evertonian should be treated this way.

Kell feel so sorry for your mate,what he has said was obviously passion about his club and the words have just come out at Saha, lazy yes he can be(nothing wrong there) french yes he is(nothing wrong there) [Poor language removed] only Saha could answer that part. For me its not racist,i can be a lazy scouse so and so( i know me dad)and if that was shouted at me i would want to prove you wrong and pull my finger out,but have you taken to court what a disgrace. Im sure he has the backing of every true blue! Pass our regards on to Dave mate

Christ guys will you read what people are saying. Stating someone is french on its own as a fact is fine. But inserting their nationality into an abusive sentence isnt. Its about context no different to raising someones sex, age, colour or whatever when shouting abuse at them. Its unneeded and unfortunatly associated with larger more serious problems.

Having read about the case on various sites ,it does seem a complete over reaction on the part of the authoritys. Some of the things that fall from my mouth in the heat of the moment have been worse . Not racist as thats not who I am .But is it really racist to call someone french? These are mad times. All OTT IMO . Sorry for the fella.

I think we have to be careful not to jump to conclusions here. Firstly we don't really know the details of the case nor what was really said. On the surface it does seem very harsh and the quoted comment doesn't merit such censure. However, football fans don't strike me as shrinking violets, and it was his fellow fan that shopped him to a steward, so it would seem that more was said than is being reported. Of course that too is just conjecture and I'd be very wary of basing an opinion on what is reported in the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back