Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevertheless, I still feel there's fair scepticism regarding where he can take them although sitting 5th-10th most years* would probably please most.
Absolutely! That’s better than we usually manage. It’s been a while since we’ve had a group of players who play with pride in the shirt, baby steps for us.

One thing that is important to us is having a go in the FA Cup. Probably one of few fanbases who would rather win that than the league. We have a bit of a romantic affinity with it, probably due to it being the only competition we’ve ever had a bit of (minor) success in.

Its a bit like the Alex Ferguson half time team talk

"Lads its Spurs"

Same applies for West Ham. Over the next 6 league games they'll drop off...

Yes, theyve done really well so far but we know with both West Ham and Moyes that they're chokers.

Cant see them lasting the pace.
But then why stipulate 6 games, and not three or another number? That's what mislead me to thinking you are looking at their tough schedule over that period

Yes I suppose you can see a similarity to his early years here when in 2005 he guided us comfortably ahead of Liverpool at a similar stage of the season, eventually finishing only fourth.

Liverpool, who finished behind us, did win the CL and as would be defending champions claimed to have more of a right than us (fourth) to be one of the four champions league entrants for the following season. In the end England were allowed five in the following years competition.

Similar could theoretically happen to West Ham this year in the event they were to get fourth, although the five club rule is still current.

But then why stipulate 6 games, and not three or another number? That's what mislead me to thinking you are looking at their tough schedule over that period

Yes I suppose you can see a similarity to his early years here when in 2005 he guided us comfortably ahead of Liverpool at a similar stage of the season, eventually finishing only fourth.

Liverpool, who finished behind us, did win the CL and as would be defending champions claimed to have more of a right than us (fourth) to be one of the four champions league entrants for the following season. In the end England were allowed five in the following years competition.

Similar could theoretically happen to West Ham this year in the event they were to get fourth, although the five club rule is still current.

I initially said the next 6 games they'd sink down the table...

You wrote that theyve had good results this season and gave examples

I then said that theyve never done anything and are chokers (if they even get into a position to choke)

So, yes next 6 games look tough for them and i think they'll sink because

Its only Wham.

I initially said the next 6 games they'd sink down the table...

You wrote that theyve had good results this season and gave examples

I then said that theyve never done anything and are chokers (if they even get into a position to choke)

So, yes next 6 games look tough for them and i think they'll sink because

Its only Wham.

Every side has periods of meeting tougher sides and relatively weaker sides in their fixture lists.

Most will look on the periods of meeting the top sides as likely to be the most difficult time, when a side who is perhaps performing better than should normally be expected will be 'found out' and reality hit home.

Over the next 6 games West Ham have such a 'tougher period' of meeting some of the better teams.

My reference to past results was from a similar 'tougher period' from earlier in the season when pundits were also expecting the sky to fall in.

It's why the SIX held significance for me as it almost coincides with this stretch before they meet the slightly 'easier' Newcastle.

We know ourselves results don't always follow this pattern and we have lost some 'easier' games - or at least they were on paper.

He's definitely looking more lively and vibrant. The colour has come back to his cheeks.

He looked like death incarnate after the United job, and he carried it with him into the Sociedad and Sunderland jobs.

It must have taken him this long to recover.

He's definitely looking more lively and vibrant. The colour has come back to his cheeks.

He looked like death incarnate after the United job, and he carried it with him into the Sociedad and Sunderland jobs.

It must have taken him this long to recover.

He must`ve bought a sunlamp to put colour back into those cheeks.

Count Dracula has got more of a healthy glow than Moyes.

If he was any paler, he`d be translucent.

He must`ve bought a sunlamp to put colour back into those cheeks.

Count Dracula has got more of a healthy glow than Moyes.

If he was any paler, he`d be translucent.
lol lol lol Either that, or he's still FB friends with 'Suntan Bob' Elstone and he hit him up for some the prime suntan parlous around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back