Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, he is a disciplinarian and doesn't suffer fools. Plus, he has a pretty rigid structure. To an extent he also has a map of how he wants the team to fly. He also demands adherence to his plans. It's his way or highway, as Haller, Anderson, Yarmolenko (I think) are finding out at West Ham. Everyone in the system, know their roles and there's no playing-out-of-the-back-even-when-you-are-[Poor language removed]-at-it nonsense when Moyes is around. :p You don't have to be world class to earn your spot, just do your things tidily and you will prosper. Dawson is the latest example. From what I am hearing on WHU boards, they are also impressed by the improvements in Ogbonna / Diop this season.

Even with us, he had pretty solid defensive units across the years: Hibbert / Neville / Coleman at RB, Yobo / Jagielka / Distin / Heitinga / Lescott at CB and Baines (I don't remember anyone else) at LB, none of them world class defenders individually but as a unit you will be hard pressed to find a better/ cohesive defense. If I remember correctly, Stones was also his last acquisition before he left for ManU. So yeah, he understands how to maximize the qualities of whoever he can afford.

That's why I think he IS a good manager who improves the players / system he gets, and not buy the best out there. Of course, he was super defensive while with us, but based on how his West Ham are flying, I suspect it was more to do with Kenwright's shallow pockets rather than his desire and this is not meant as a dig at Kenwright.

Respect....
I think you are right there, as his Preston side were a very attacking team.

Of course they don’t. But you do remember Moyes when he was here don’t you? All the knife to a gunfight and plucky little Everton rhetoric. He got us close but bottled it every time. Wasn’t that long ago mate.

Unless you still got a little stiffy for him and that why your a little upset.
I just think hes a decent manager. Until ancelloti we haven’t had a better one.
May be you can’t see that. Whether we bottled it or not, we were certainly punched above our weight had decent team.
May be you are too emotional to look at things other than black and white

Got to say he has been doing a good job,but wait until the crying arses are back at the athletics stadium.back to being shabite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back