Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that concerns me with Moysie is that his teams always look they can still loose games even when they are 3 up. I felt the same when he was our manager. I don't know if it's the way he sets his team up. Or the players just mentally switch off or what. They blew it against the arse. Then nearly did the same last time out, then again today. They seem to invite pressure when we all know if that's city, utd or the Rs 9 times out of 10 they close the game out or even go on to score more.
With us it was usually due to the fact he was punching above his weight relative to the players we had.

They’ll get fifth at least this season, fair play to them
Standard moyes in a team he has more than a year with. But 5th is standard for for moyes with a pennyless club with a oligopoly of a top 4 with laughably unfair resources compared to the rest. This era is different. I think moyes is aiming at 2nd but will fall short and get 3rd, at worst 4th.

The only thing that concerns me with Moysie is that his teams always look they can still loose games even when they are 3 up. I felt the same when he was our manager. I don't know if it's the way he sets his team up. Or the players just mentally switch off or what. They blew it against the arse. Then nearly did the same last time out, then again today. They seem to invite pressure when we all know if that's city, utd or the Rs 9 times out of 10 they close the game out or even go on to score more.
Really? I remember times when if we got one goal that was essentially that.

Absolutely, as someone who first went to the game in the walter smith era, those fans are getting what they deserve. Same fans who dislike Tim Cahill. Basically, they're idiots.
I'm honest enough to say I didn't want him back and was very surprised he went back to West Ham (I assumed he'd end up at Celtic) but he gave us a hell of a lot and rightly deserves his place on the legends wall. Fans calling him gollum which is a RS shout when he was here? Don't know they're born some people.

I'm honest enough to say I didn't want him back and was very surprised he went back to West Ham (I assumed he'd end up at Celtic) but he gave us a hell of a lot and rightly deserves his place on the legends wall. Fans calling him gollum which is a RS shout when he was here? Don't know they're born some people.

He's not a looker but those saying he wasn't passionate about the club are mad.

Yeah let’s put up there with HK and HC

‘kinell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back