2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF - and that's a massive IF - he is fit and healthy - then I'd honestly trust Dyche and Thelwell to make the right decision for us.
Personally I'd love to see him make a return - but I'm not in charge of our finances. We've spunked a lot more dough on far less deserving cases.

You guys are the ones trying to perform mental gymnastics to try and sign him

I'm saying his original transfer agreement precludes this. It's too expensive. Too much of a risk to Everton Football Club and he needs to be let go

Everton would have to pay millions to Spurs and unless they waive those fees there is no chance to sign him for free (why would they allow that to potentially strengthen a competitor for Europe without a benefit to them?)

He needs letting go

For Everton Football Club's sake

Also I see some on here + in the fanbase engaging in delusional over sentimentality in there thinking here. We're a business and we need to look after the business.
Mate you are the one performing mental gymnastics.

So confused as to why this is even still a conversation.

He’s had enough money out of the club for doing nothing. If they re-sign him I’ll be seriously amazed.

Mate you are the one performing mental gymnastics.

Before he raged quit last year he was running with this

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

Now you claim to have "wexxed" me.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

Here's the relevant rulebook sections you didn't read

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

Those rules have only been in effect @Efcjake for almost 20 years. 🤷‍♂️

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.

Other people keep chatting "it was a loan" and other nonsense. It wasn't. They keep repeating the same stuff.

He's too expensive for what we would get out of it.

Which isn't Everton Football Club standard.
The expensive bit would be his wages over his contract term plus his agents fees. Again none of us know what these might be. He could be really cheap in those terms, nobody knows. Big contract = high risk, low wages (such as pay as you play) = lower risk. And this is all dependent on whether he signs or not. Which is unlikely but that’s just my opinion.

I think we should sign him, then loan him out for 6 months at a time, for a £5m loan fee. Then, in two years we can play him and his fee is paid for. If he gets back to where he can, it's cost nothing, if he doesn't, we're £20m up.

One small issue though, can you loan a loan or is that subloaning which may be against footballing rules?

For a lawyer who spends his days reading and writing contracts he seems to have a lot of time on his hands
Don’t forget enforcing as well.

IMG_3476.jpeg

As well as advising the Friedkins on all things Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back