2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Dele was to play 38 games this season he would cost us 20m, plus 6m in wages.

Not a bad deal all considered, I mean we remain a Premier League due to his performance at Palace, so its only fair we make Spurs whole.
Playing devil's advocate here, he manages 38 games for us. He has proved his fitness, and we will be able to sell him for 30m plus this time next year.

Obviously, he it isn't going to happen. I assume he will be on lower wages though and will still need to show he can play before he gets game time. If 10 games equal 10 million he is going to have to be some way better than anyone else in the squad at that point.

Playing devil's advocate here, he manages 38 games for us. He has proved his fitness, and we will be able to sell him for 30m plus this time next year.

Obviously, he it isn't going to happen. I assume he will be on lower wages though and will still need to show he can play before he gets game time. If 10 games equal 10 million he is going to have to be some way better than anyone else in the squad at that point.

Said a few pages back, if it all works out (fee, wages, etc) and he performs...he gets sold for a bit.

Everything depends upon the wording of the contract between Spurs and Everton .

Of course we have no way of knowing what it says but it is a reasonable assumption to think that any half decent lawyer would have worded it in such a way as to make the obligation to pay a fee ongoing after the natural termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

Actually I'd go further and say it would be bizarre to think that the contract between the clubs would be in any way linked to the contract between Everton and the player.

We've all said this though.

Damo just believes he is 100% factually correct in saying if he signs, the same terms continue, and then plays a number of games we owe Spurs £10mill.

The majority think he's full of poop and no one knows.

That is not how the contracts are arranged. This is standard. Player contracts in the Premier League don't allow multi party ownership so they are always between one player and a club. The transfer agreement is also a standard agreement between two clubs. It this case we promised to pay with multiple contingent fee requirements.

There are two contracts and the transfer agreement will have a clause in that says it is unaffected by any "third party contracts" (e.g. the player contract).

Spurs will have had it in writing that no other contract can impact the application or interpretation of their transfer agreement. That is what I would have put in and any lawyer worth their salt.

There is no loophole. There is no nuance. There is no point looking for a loophole. Because the transfer agreement is still in force and will remain so for years.

I don't make out anything. Other than people denying that signing Dele Alli will be expensive for Everton. That is fundamentally wrong. It's denying reality.

He's a free agent to anyone but Everton Football Club as a result of the transfer agreement that has not and will not expire allowing his free signing by Everton.
So if he signs for Roma as a free agent and Roma loan him to us for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back