2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting on the whole trusting Dyches judgement argument, that when it comes to defence -the area of the pitch he knows most about- he picked Michael Keane over both Mina and Branthwaite until forced to change his mind.
He started Keane for all of two games last season before switching to Branthwaite the moment he was up to speed on fitness (having spent much of the summer with England u21s).

Personally I don't think Dele should be given a penny more by Everton.

However. What I find strange however is that the supposed "contract clause" is certainly not legal, even if all three parties signed up to it.
Restraint of trade clauses (which this clearly is for Dele) are pretty much unenforceable and have been for decades. They only have slight weight if there are commercially sensitive issues, none here.

Dele himself could easily claim this even without citing his mental health issues documented over the last few years.

Pay as you play only though, even if Spurs get the bums rush.
I don't know whether the clause exists but it would definitely be legal its just a normal clause the only thing different in this situation thats making peoples heads explode is that no normal club would have a player for 2 and a half years without them meeting 20 game threshhold but still consider giving them a new contract at the end of it other than that its just the type of clause thats in almost every contract.

I don't know whether the clause exists but it would definitely be legal its just a normal clause the only thing different in this situation thats making peoples heads explode is that no normal club would have a player for 2 and a half years without them meeting 20 game threshold but still consider giving them a new contract at the end of it other than that its just the type of clause thats in almost every contract.

Exactly!

Plus paying a multi million pound fee to go with it!

He started Keane for all of two games last season before switching to Branthwaite the moment he was up to speed on fitness (having spent much of the summer with England u21s).
and Mina was excellent when he played but never fit, most likely Dyche didnt think his fitness was correct enough.

Mental to suggest Dyche has preferred Keane over Mina and Branthwaite

This is what I’ve been saying. If Dyche and thelwell are trying to sign him again, it’s entirely because they believe they can get something out of him and that he has something to offer the team. It’s not for sentimentality.
Hard to imagine that the potential new owners have no input in the ongoing financial decisions being made. They don't appear to be mugs who'd sign off on wasting money.

and Mina was excellent when he played but never fit, most likely Dyche didnt think his fitness was correct enough.

Keane did well when he first came in that season aswell he probably kept him 2 or 3 games longer than he deserved and that was it now we have to hear forever how Dyche loves Keane despite him playing him less than anyone else ever has.

IMG_0209.webp

“Loansamoney”

You could even argue that, knowing how few consecutive games Mina had in his legs, he was prudent to hold him back for the final games of the season when it mattered most, resulting in a vital goal v Wolves and a vital clean sheet v Bournemouth.

I just genuinely don't see the point. It's cold to say but it feels like he's mentally finished as a professional football and this feels like a handout to him. I thought we'd be past this type of deal by now.

I just genuinely don't see the point. It's cold to say but it feels like he's mentally finished as a professional football and this feels like a handout to him. I thought we'd be past this type of deal by now.

Difference being there's no Mosh or Kenwright. It'll be a call based on Thelwell and Dyche in the parameters of the budget and judgement.

Difference being there's no Mosh or Kenwright. It'll be a call based on Thelwell and Dyche in the parameters of the budget and judgement.
With a limited budget do you really want to spend some of it on a player like Dele? At this point I think they both just feel sorry for him.

Ridiculous decision if this is true. Handing out needless contract to a player who clearly is done. Everton I’m poor kindly hand me a multi million contract. Thanks.

I am completely going against logic here, but if the fee were minimal and the salary significantly reduced, I would offer him a one-year contract.
My reasoning is, considering what he has endured, if he is genuinely in a good mental state and determined to regain or surpass his previous performance level, then, of all the risks we have taken, I believe this one is worth taking. If Kev and Dyche see something in him then, I would support the extension.

However also do not disagree with any of the points made about his previous departure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back