2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dele should be given a lot of praise for his open and heartbreaking honesty in the abuse he has suffered.

Putting that aside, I think we need to be professional in offering him a contract. He has been out of action for over a year and we have paid out a large sum of money which is not his fault but ours.

If our manager wants him and our director of football agree, then I have no issues with him as a player. I think pre-season will be a huge difference in signing him or not.

We will find the money and we need players so that's not an issue. Players like Eriksson and Lennon have been through terrible situations and come back playing so Dele can do this.

Dele needs managing and I think Dyche believes he can get the best from him so let hope he can.

His former contract with us, he did nothing worthy of his wages etc, and ok he has had personal issues/mental issues but we are not a charity so wouldn't be offering him a new deal , just the best of luck in the next stage of his life

unsure if this has been said or discussed. but could we not put a contract in place similar to what brentford did with eriksen? a short one, just to test the waters of his commitment to the game after a time out for health reasons.

surely both player and club will benefit if he does find the spark again...

Folks, for all we know it could have been the club/Dyche who told Dele to focus on next season.

It wasn't in our interest to play him because we couldn't have paid his fee even if he was fully fit.

There's only one persons opinion who matters - Dyche. Is he confident he can get him going? If yes, if the finances work then why not.

We're on our arse - we've retained Ashley Young and we were desperately hoping Leeds didn't get promoted because of Harrison.

If he's fit and able to play, then he only has to get to 50% of the player he was to be one of, if not our best player.

Knowing our luck, if he stays he doesnt kick a ball again. If he leaves he'll roll back the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back