2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but it's an absolute outage if the club throws even more money at this has-been. Why are no other clubs in for him? He's available for free. He's bled us dry, taken about £15m from the club for nothing in return. I thought the age of sentimentality was over at Everton but it still appears to be alive and well. Another famous Everton first - first club to end up paying for a free transfer?

Sorry but it's an absolute outage if the club throws even more money at this has-been. Why are no other clubs in for him? He's available for free. He's bled us dry, taken about £15m from the club for nothing in return. I thought the age of sentimentality was over at Everton but it still appears to be alive and well. Another famous Everton first - first club to end up paying for a free transfer?

So - are you for or against signing him?

I think they are human and they cannot possibly know with 100% certainty that Dele Alli will not break down again due to injury as he's done numerous times over the past 2.5 years.
All just a load of guff, as any player we sign could get injured and that is always unknown.

Do you back them and their decisions or not? Yes or no.

If it's well known he definitely wants to stay at Everton, then that's that.

I don't think there would be many teams in for him, but a few would definitely take him on low wages/short contract if we didn't. Free agents/potential profit are really appealing in football now.

Another question could be why Spurs have dug in so much - even now, wanting money if we sell him.

This would change the calculation a bit, but I'm sceptical this is right. If we only need to pay on a sale (which is fair enough) why would other reports say we're renegotiating? Unless this deal IS what's been renegotiated?

He is a decent source though (tier 2 on GOT). flies in the face of everything the Oracle has been telling us in here though.

Naively taking an absolute flier on a player who - to repeat myself on this thread for the 1,000th time - has now spent longer as a terrible/non footballer than he spent as a very promising youngster is an abysmal shout, if true.

I get the “Dyche must have seen something” shouts, but I’m firmly stating my position for the vaults: He will play barely, if at all and have absolutely no (positive) impact.

Seems like proper panic stations (again, if true), and would not bode well for our chances of buying any new players if we’re resorting to keeping warm bodies around to pad out the squad.

He is a decent source though (tier 2 on GOT). flies in the face of everything the Oracle has been telling us in here though.
It just feels like new / different information to what everyone else has reported (that a fee would still be due). But like I say, maybe this is a newly negotiated deal. No fee but a sell-on would be a fair compromise.

It just feels like new / different information to what everyone else has reported (that a fee would still be due). But like I say, maybe this is a newly negotiated deal. No fee but a sell-on would be a fair compromise.

We've known a fee is needed even after contract expiry for a very long time. I was posting about it on here last year that we couldnt just pick him up as a free agent.

If Alan Myers is right, then it's been renegotiated.

He must be impressing with attitude behind the scenes - Dyche has been here a while now and he doesn't come across as a guy who'd give an easy pass.

Dyche to his credit got Calvert-Lewin back fit too. He was wrote off fitness wise - he played 39 games last season.
Good point.

We've known a fee is needed even after contract expiry for a very long time. I was posting about it on here last year that we couldnt just pick him up as a free agent.

If Alan Myers is right, then it's been renegotiated.
They were trying to renegotiate in Jan/feb. Maybe it was done then and we were waiting to see how his recovery goes before proceeding

Pay as you play deal or wages as low as £20k a week surely.. cant see anyone taking a chance on him on more than that and definitely not on a contract longer than a rolling year.
Just strange that he couldn't make any contribution at all last season when he spent the whole year working on his fitness.

He must be impressing with attitude behind the scenes - Dyche has been here a while now and he doesn't come across as a guy who'd give an easy pass.

Dyche to his credit got Calvert-Lewin back fit too. He was wrote off fitness wise - he played 39 games last season.
Exactly, both Dyche and Thelwell come across as pragmatists not idealists, they wouldn't do it for the sake of a Nice Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back