2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's not forget their potential duty of care issues in possibly enabling and / or ignoring his sleeping pill addiction (according to his interview they came from a club doctor). It would be better for them for there to be a happy ending rather than to play a further role in stifling his career.

This is sentimentality and emotional arguments. I'm warning about.

Newsflash, they (Spurs) don't care. They look at it purely from a potential (legal) liability issue and to be honest I think they are covered there too. Spurs are only interested in what benefits them as a business. Anything else is just "noise".

This is the sort of thing I'm on about. People start bringing emotive points like his personal history, then the sleeping medication addiction into this, when for EFC it is all about his potential reliability and performance level for Everton Football Club and will he win us games and trophies?

EFC having wasted so much money and with limited resources cannot waste a single penny now. As we simply cannot have another 8 point penalty situation on our hands again. Or similar.

That is the calculus to make. In January 2024 they were reportedly demanding £8 million

They are a highly profitable operation and they are that for a reason

They know when to enforce a contract to the maximum or not. The worry is DD @GrandOldTeam we (Everton) are going to get taken advantage of yet again already being £12 million in the red over 2.5 years.

That people in the EFC fanbase, and we're seeing it on here in this very thread are making emotional decisions. What happens if we get to Christmas and he's unavailable? He's taking up valuable Everton resources.

Then we get our fanbase complaining when we cannot strengthen.

You understand my concerns @GrandOldTeam ?

I'm only worried about Everton Football Club. I don't want us being done over again

All the rest of it, the "PR headache" is irrelevant. They're strong enough to ignore that. Their attitude will be

"Awww... sorry to hear that" publicly, and privately it will be "big deal".

You think Everton are making a decision based on sentiment.

I don't think that sentiment exists. He's delivered nothing.

I think Everton are making a decision on pragmatism.

I think if anything, Everton have intentionally shelved Dele.

Oh, and PR is never irrelevant. Never.

You think Everton are making a decision based on sentiment.

I don't think that sentiment exists. He's delivered nothing.

I think Everton are making a decision on pragmatism.

I think if anything, Everton have intentionally shelved Dele.

Oh, and PR is never irrelevant. Never.

I am sure Daniel Levy and Spurs are quaking in their boots over the "PR issues".

I think people are looking at it through an "Everton prism"

Anyway. Will let this thread "breath" for a bit

There is more to a director than looking at todays bottom line.
You have to consider the future too. What if Dele goes elsewhere and relapses citing the contract issue as partly the cause?
Playing hardball for a few million might seem prudent now but could damage reputation, make future potential signings hesitate, scare off sponsors.
There's a balance to be struck and compromises to be made.

This is exactly how a team that's been punished for spending too much on wages should be using their limited funds.

This isn't a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved at all....

The big question mark is can he get anywhere near his previous best? Unlikely.

I’m more concerned where that leaves Ndiaye.

Both play same position & I wouldn’t want Ndiaye playing anywhere other than behind striker.

There is more to a director than looking at todays bottom line.
You have to consider the future too. What if Dele goes elsewhere and relapses citing the contract issue as partly the cause?
Playing hardball for a few million might seem prudent now but could damage reputation, make future potential signings hesitate, scare off sponsors.
There's a balance to be struck and compromises to be made.
He's out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back