2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of wages would we be offering him? Because he was on £100k a week, is he really going to jump at a contract offer of about £20k, which is what he’d be getting offered based on the level of player he now is and the massive injury risk he’s become? I think is whole thing is massively weird.
IMG_4568.jpeg

He knows he's on to a good thing here.

It should be enough that Everton not only backed off from pushing him into another loan move after he revealed his issues, but also let him do whatever he wanted on full pay for a year (eg being photographed at London Fashion Week the same night the team was playing at home). I don't recall spotting him in the stands once following that diagnosis of an 'undisclosed' injury.

He was then allowed to go on telly to talk about how much he loved playing for Tottenham and England, and to pitch for offers that have obviously not materialised because the entire football world knows he's finished.

Reactions: MJA
360 minutes in 2 and a half years on North of 100k a week. Let's hope he's playing for free to repay our generosity
in some respects it’s a shame Bill is no longer with us as I reckon he could make a 2h movie from those 2.5 years, culminating in that legendary performance against Palace where he saved us, staved off relegation, prevented Everton’s financial ruin, ended world hunger and brought peace to the Middle East.

Finance "virgins" only boil their urine when Everton fall foul of financial regulations like PSR

Because people like your good self make stupid decisions regarding our finances. Like signing a player on >£100,000 a week for 2.5 years who only plays 13 games!

I didn't tag you did I? And I didn't put ' ' on virgins as that's factual, the 'finance' part is not

As with everything in football these days it comes down to money. If we can get any awkward Spurs clauses removed and keep him on eg a one year plus club option deal on far lower wages with a big chunk of them contingent on being on bench/playing then it is lower (not no) risk for the long-shot reward. A gamble probably worth taking for a squad short on flair. If there is any fee and/or fixed high wages then it is too much guaranteed risk for a less than certain reward. Not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.