2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC never gets anything wrong

They're not wrong. It helps if people take the sentimental blinkers off

Too many have them on, and when faced with an inconvenient truth just go into full on denial mode

I hope he is successful with Everton. However, I'm skeptical about the good value of this for Everton Football Club. Which is my only concern

Many of the remaining parts of the January 2022 deal between Everton and Tottenham are still in place, including performance-related bonuses due to Spurs based on Dele's activity on the pitch and a sell-on clause.

Oh dear.
Choosing to trust Dyche & Thelwell on this personally, should he even be offered a new contract in the first place...

Many of the remaining parts of the January 2022 deal between Everton and Tottenham are still in place, including performance-related bonuses due to Spurs based on Dele's activity on the pitch and a sell-on clause.

Oh dear.
But this what we are trying to renegotiate with Spurs. Of course it's still valid for now.

At the end of the day we are well within our rights to ask for different terms as things ended up being much different to what we agreed to with reference to the players situation.

I see people are continuing to make incorrect assertions 🤷‍♂️

Define ‘performance’ for me Damo?

If he plays well we will still have something to pay as it stands. At the time of the initial transfer the amount that was tied up in performance related fees was minor (that may have been renegotiated too but I doubt it).

Basically if he plays well and ‘Performs’ we will have something to pay - surely we’d all be sound with paying something if he does actually play well?

As risk free as we could have hoped for.

Define ‘performance’ for me Damo?

If he plays well we will still have something to pay as it stands. At the time of the initial transfer the amount that was tied up in performance related fees was minor (that may have been renegotiated too but I doubt it).

Basically if he plays well and ‘Performs’ we will have something to pay - surely we’d all be sound with paying something if he does actually play well?

As risk free as we could have hoped for.

Performance means: appearances

Primarily. Just as before.

It's not "risk free". 🤷‍♂️

This is why I've been warning people. Just people don't want to hear it so deny it continually. Inconvenient to them. Contrary to wishful thinking

This is why I've been warning people. Just people don't want to hear it so deny it continually. Inconvenient to them. Contrary to wishful thinking

If you genuinely think we would be even considering the POSSIBILITY of a new contract if that would open us up to paying the original £10m after 7 more appearances, you’re off your trolley.

Choosing to trust Dyche & Thelwell on this personally, should he even be offered a new contract in the first place...
No mate you should only trust Damo’s interpretation of a quote from bbc that he keeps pasting that still doesn’t actually give any idea of what fees may or may not be due and when they may be due

It’s going to be a substantial financial disaster

If you genuinely think we would be even considering the POSSIBILITY of a new contract if that would open us up to paying the original £10m after 7 more appearances, you’re off your trolley.

See what I mean. Outright denial. 🤷‍♂️

I'll let the thread "breath". You carry on believing what you want to believe then.

Are you a native English speaker?!

Clearly in this, ‘appearances’ means appearances…

We only pay them anything if both of these are true;
A) he’s fit and playing
B) he’s hitting certain numbers in terms of goals & assists

It’s not related to just A) anymore. Is that hard to grasp Damo? Feel like you’re struggling a bit with this one.

No mate you should only trust Damo’s interpretation of a quote from bbc that he keeps pasting that still doesn’t actually give any idea of what fees may or may not be due and when they may be due

It’s going to be a substantial financial disaster

I'll remind you of this. No doubt we will see further tantrums on here over it. Yet again. Just like when the BBC quote came out 🙄

Are you a native English speaker?!

Clearly in this, ‘appearances’ means appearances…

We only pay them anything if both of these are true;
A) he’s fit and playing
B) he’s hitting certain numbers in terms of goals & assists

It’s not related to just A) anymore. Is that hard to grasp Damo? Feel like you’re struggling a bit with this one.

That isn't how it's structured.

You were the one trying to get me to define "performance" earlier too.

I don’t think we will be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

We are being accommodating and understanding in allowing him to continue to train and boost his fitness whilst he is no longer an Everton player, but this will come to an end around deadline day, when Alli makes his next move to wherever it may be, but it’s not going to be at Everton, or any other PL club imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.