2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know mate. I strongly suspect it is entirely appearance based, we’ll soon see.

Daniel Levy is not stupid, and he knows Dele’s current level. He’s not going to put stupid nonsense clauses in that’ll never be reached like “£10m if he scores 15 goals lad”. He also won’t put anything in that relates to us winning silverware or qualifying for Europe.

Personally I would like to see some concrete figures, I’m not comfortable with this deal if it happens.

You would be right with your views

You continue ignoring what has been reported by BBC and elsewhere then
What am I ignoring?
I’ve read the same quote you keep posting and it doesn’t say substantial or what the fees are for.

You kept saying substantial
You kept saying fees for number of performances

I have not seen anything reported anywhere with any credibility pretending they know what the terms are and how much the might cost us and as I said, these terms are currently being renegotiated anywhere so may not end up meaning anything

You say you want people to be wary
We are Everton fans… of course we are wary
But a lot of us have faith in Dyche to make the right decisions

“Many of the remaining parts of the January 2022 deal between Everton and Tottenham are still in place, including performance-related bonuses due to Spurs based on Dele's activity on the pitch and a sell-on clause.”

Everton have reached an agreement with Tottenham to waive paying a further fee when offering Dele Alli a new contract.

The Blues did not pay an immediate fee for the midfielder's transfer from Spurs in January 2022, but the north London side would previously have been due a payment had he met the threshold for a certain number of appearances, and were also in line to receive money had Dele agreed a new contract at Goodison Park before now.”

I’m genuinely concerned about peoples reading skills at this point.

We already had performance related fees in there, could be goals/assists/team of the season/a wide number of metrics in the original deal. They’ve negotiated us out of the appearances related costs. By default he will still have to play to hit performance related fees but he’ll be playing well if he does.

Is that dead hard?!

“Many of the remaining parts of the January 2022 deal between Everton and Tottenham are still in place, including performance-related bonuses due to Spurs based on Dele's activity on the pitch and a sell-on clause.”

Everton have reached an agreement with Tottenham to waive paying a further fee when offering Dele Alli a new contract.

The Blues did not pay an immediate fee for the midfielder's transfer from Spurs in January 2022, but the north London side would previously have been due a payment had he met the threshold for a certain number of appearances, and were also in line to receive money had Dele agreed a new contract at Goodison Park before now.”

I’m genuinely concerned about peoples reading skills at this point.

We already had performance related fees in there, could be goals/assists/team of the season/a wide number of metrics in the original deal. They’ve negotiated us out of the appearances related costs. By default he will still have to play to hit performance related fees but he’ll be playing well if he does.

Is that dead hard?!

Well I’m reading that as they’ve waived the fee that they would’ve received for him signing a new contract, but there’s absolutely nothing in there to suggest that the appearance-related fees have been waived.

Well I’m reading that as they’ve waived the fee that they would’ve received for him signing a new contract, but there’s absolutely nothing in there to suggest that the appearance-related fees have been waived.
Ok try this part;

The Blues did not pay an immediate fee for the midfielder's transfer from Spurs in January 2022, but the north London side would previously have been due a payment had he met the threshold for a certain number of appearances.”

If the quote stopped there what would you think?

“Would previously have been due a payment”

If I would have been ‘previously’ due a payment, it means I’m not now. He will still need to make appearances to hit the performance add ons by default, but it makes way more sense for us because then if we pay anything it’s because he’s playing well. If we don’t, he’s not playing well.

It also protects Spurs from receiving nothing in the event Dyche does turn it round for him, however unlikely.

I think you'll have to repeat your tiresome drivel about denial and sentimentality ten more times before people will accept the truth.

I agree sadly 🙄 I won't change my views on things however as I know I'm right here

I don’t know mate. I strongly suspect it is entirely appearance based, we’ll soon see.

Daniel Levy is not stupid, and he knows Dele’s current level. He’s not going to put stupid nonsense clauses in that’ll never be reached like “£10m if he scores 15 goals lad”. He also won’t put anything in that relates to us winning silverware or qualifying for Europe.

Personally I would like to see some concrete figures, I’m not comfortable with this deal if it happens.

You have it absolutely spot on

The saving grace is it's entirely in Everton's hands if they give him a contract or not

Now it's a question of judgement in terms of the managerial staff

What concerns me is the apparent continual delusional views in our fanbase. That no matter how much evidence you give them they deny it to continue with the wishful thinking, they want to engage in 🤷‍♂️. The denying there was further fees at all and was "just a sell on" case in point

Ok try this part;

The Blues did not pay an immediate fee for the midfielder's transfer from Spurs in January 2022, but the north London side would previously have been due a payment had he met the threshold for a certain number of appearances.”

If the quote stopped there what would you think?

“Would previously have been due a payment”

If I would have been ‘previously’ due a payment, it means I’m not now. He will still need to make appearances to hit the performance add ons by default, but it makes way more sense for us because then if we pay anything it’s because he’s playing well. If we don’t, he’s not playing well.

It also protects Spurs from receiving nothing in the event Dyche does turn it round for him, however unlikely.

But the quote didn’t stop there mate. The next part of that sentence is actually really key.

Why is this so murky anyway? Why does the whole deal have to be shrouded in mystery? I don’t like it and the player isn’t worth all this. He hasn’t played football for 18 months, and when he did last play for us he was terrible and that’s why he got loaned out to Turkey.

Again, Levy is not stupid. He’s not going to allow us to get away with “only paying a fee if he plays well”, because he knows the chances of him playing well are remote, because he’s not very good at football anymore. I don’t know why people are so convinced we’ll have come out of this deal the better of the two parties, we’re negotiating with Daniel Levy here.

But the quote didn’t stop there mate. The next part of that sentence is actually really key.

Why is this so murky anyway? Why does the whole deal have to be shrouded in mystery? I don’t like it and the player isn’t worth all this. He hasn’t played football for 18 months, and when he did last play for us he was terrible and that’s why he got loaned out to Turkey.

Again, Levy is not stupid. He’s not going to allow us to get away with “only paying a fee if he plays well”, because he knows the chances of him playing well are remote, because he’s not very good at football anymore. I don’t know why people are so convinced we’ll have come out of this deal the better of the two parties, we’re negotiating with Daniel Levy here.

There's a trade off here though - Levy would have been entitled to literally zero if Dele signed for any other club in the world, so you'd take something rather than nothing and if, for example, we owed Spurs £10m after he played another 7 games or whatever, there's no way anyone in their right mind would agree to keep him

FWIW, line in the Echo article today...

As part of his previous deal, the Toffees would have had to pay Tottenham a fee when Dele reached a certain number of appearances. However, the terms of the agreement have been renegotiated as part of talks between the two clubs.

I think it’s pretty obvious here that we won’t pay them just based on him playing. He has to play well enough to hit certain performance based metrics. That’s fine with me because if we pay, he’s playing well.

It’s fine with Spurs because they might actually get some money back rather than nothing.

The only gamble is his contract and how much that costs us.

There's a trade off here though - Levy would have been entitled to literally zero if Dele signed for any other club in the world, so you'd take something rather than nothing and if, for example, we owed Spurs £10m after he played another 7 games or whatever, there's no way anyone in their right mind would agree to keep him

FWIW, line in the Echo article today...

As part of his previous deal, the Toffees would have had to pay Tottenham a fee when Dele reached a certain number of appearances. However, the terms of the agreement have been renegotiated as part of talks between the two clubs.
That’s crazy

That echo article is saying something different to what Damo’s quote said

It’s almost like…
Nobody knows what the T&Cs are and probably won’t until a contract is signed at which point we can all discuss our feelings on the merits of the deal rather than just guessing whether it’s good or bad

That’s crazy

It’s almost like…

Nobody knows what the T&Cs are and probably won’t until a contract is signed at which point we can all discuss our feelings on the merits of the deal rather than just guessing whether it’s good or bad

That Echo article said literally nothing. But nice try 😉

That’s crazy

It’s almost like…
It’s almost an identical quote. We’ve managed to negotiate the appearance related clause out, whether that means performance related fees will be higher or not who knows. I personally wouldn’t be arsed if we pay them as that means he’s doing a job for us. No real risk here other than his contract.

Peak Dele is better than any player we have had in ages.

He also owes us in terms of his rehabilitation from injury etc.

If it's a modest contract and Dyche thinks he can use him then great.

If not, let him train with us and get his head straight and good luck to him elsewhere.
It seems like he feels he same way, by all accounts the club handled his situation with complete empathy and we should be proud of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back