2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what I mean. Outright denial. 🤷‍♂️

I'll let the thread "breath". You carry on believing what you want to believe then.
The thread breaths just fine when you’re not here making stuff up mate.

You don’t know the conditions

We don’t know the conditions

The conditions are apparently being negotiated anyway so whatever they may or may not be or have been is irrelevant

People understand there will be fees to pay to spurs but most people trust Dyche and Thelwell not to take a big financial risk and that they’ll balance out Deles current potential versus the cost to the club buying another midfielder instead

Consider us all warned thoroughly by you now, you don’t have to say it again

That isn't how it's structured.

You were the one trying to get me to define "performance" earlier too.
No that’s quite literally what performance means in this context…. Hence me asking you.

Performance here means that he has to:

A) be playing football
B) be playing football well

Is that one easy enough to digest? Broke it into layman’s terms for you there.

The thread breaths just fine when you’re not here making stuff up mate.

You don’t know the conditions

We don’t know the conditions

The conditions are apparently being negotiated anyway so whatever they may or may not be or have been is irrelevant
People understand there will be fees to pay to spurs but most people trust Dyche and Thelwell not to take a big financial risk and that they’ll balance out Deles current potential versus the cost to the club buying another midfielder instead

Consider us all warned thoroughly by you now, you don’t have to say it again

"Making stuff up" ? 🤷‍♂️

1000005024.webp

I'll continue raising my concerns. Someone has to without sentimentality and denial that you're displaying

This deal will cost Everton millions

This sell on clause to Spurs, what is it? Does it basically prevent us from ever making a profit on him from a PSR perspective? That would be genuinely horrific.
Nobody knows mate but seeing as we’ve paid no fee for him the PSR calculation should be quite generous even with a sell on %

I’d guess that we’d offer a short term low wage contract with performance/goals/assist bonuses and I’m not really concerned about selling him I’d just like to see him play first

No that’s quite literally what performance means in this context…. Hence me asking you.

Performance here means that he has to:

A) be playing football
B) be playing football well

Is that one easy enough to digest? Broke it into layman’s terms for you there.

Not necessarily. If it’s purely appearance based then it doesn’t matter how well he plays. Ashley Young played 30 games terribly last season, he still played those games.

"Making stuff up" ? 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 264771

I'll continue raising my concerns. Someone has to without sentimentality and denial that you're displaying

This deal will cost Everton millions
What are you on about?
I have no feelings on display other than frustration from wanting you to stop posting the same thing over and over again. We read it, we interpreted it differently.

Nobody knows what the bonuses are for and how much they are worth - that is what you have made up when you added the word substantial.

Not necessarily. If it’s purely appearance based then it doesn’t matter how well he plays. Ashley Young played 30 games terribly last season, he still played those games.
This is what I’m trying to explain..

It’s not appearance based. It’s performance based.

Which means he has to be playing games of football, and playing well enough in those games to score & assist (whichever metric it’s related too, probably goals).

It’s pretty simple this.

If you genuinely think we would be even considering the POSSIBILITY of a new contract if that would open us up to paying the original £10m after 7 more appearances, you’re off your trolley.

I suspect they’ve allowed us to reset the appearances back to the original 20 to trigger the first clause, but no way do I think Levy has compromised on the actual figures.

What are you on about?
I have no feelings on display other than frustration from wanting you to stop posting the same thing over and over again. We read it, we interpreted it differently.

Nobody knows what the bonuses are for and how much they are worth - that is what you have made up when you added the word substantial.

You continue ignoring what has been reported by BBC and elsewhere then

This is what I’m trying to explain..

It’s not appearance based. It’s performance based.

Which means he has to be playing games of football, and playing well enough in those games to score & assist (whichever metric it’s related too, probably goals).

It’s pretty simple this.

I don’t know mate. I strongly suspect it is entirely appearance based, we’ll soon see.

Daniel Levy is not stupid, and he knows Dele’s current level. He’s not going to put stupid nonsense clauses in that’ll never be reached like “£10m if he scores 15 goals lad”. He also won’t put anything in that relates to us winning silverware or qualifying for Europe.

Personally I would like to see some concrete figures, I’m not comfortable with this deal if it happens.

It didn't need fixing.
You haven’t got a clue what ‘performance related incentives’ mean have you?

I’ll give you a really easy example.

When Utd signed Martial they owed Monaco X amount if he won the Ballon d’or. Performance-related. They didn’t owe them that money for him just playing games of football.

You can have appearance fees and you can have performance fees, the former can be exclusive to the latter, the latter by definition includes the former. Do you want me to continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back