2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like he feels he same way, by all accounts the club handled his situation with complete empathy and we should be proud of that.

Should never have been signed in the first place

To say it's about handling the situation with empathy, allows responsibility for the signing and costing EFC £12 million for 13 appearances to be glossed over

I'm not proud of it. I think it is a shambles we signed a player without doing due diligence firstly as to what the issues were. Costing us lots of money. That we in the same period had a 8 point PSR deduction

Peak Dele is better than any player we have had in ages.

He also owes us in terms of his rehabilitation from injury etc.

If it's a modest contract and Dyche thinks he can use him then great.

If not, let him train with us and get his head straight and good luck to him elsewhere.

Peak Dele also hasn’t been seen since 2018. If he was remotely capable of becoming that player again he would not have left Spurs for Everton in a weird deal made up entirely of add ons.

Absolutely no one outside the two clubs knows the full details of the deal or the renegotiated deal.

Arguing over who is right and wrong based on tabloid and website reports, or just wild speculation is quite funny.

Not one person can be certain of their position 😂

Absolutely no one outside the two clubs knows the full details of the deal or the renegotiated deal.

Arguing over who is right and wrong based on tabloid and website reports, or just wild speculation is quite funny.

The stupid thing is we’ve not even offered him a deal 🤣 Dyche might take one look at him in pre season and say ‘no thanks’.

So many ifs in play but I think realistically his body can’t play the way it used to, the way he’s grown up playing. He was an incredibly physical player and all the little knocks and ankle issues stopped him getting to that same level of physicality.

Whether the rehab he’s had and the mental health support he’s received will help remains to be seen. Doubt we’ll ever see anything like Spurs Dele.

Should never have been signed in the first place

To say it's about handling the situation with empathy, allows responsibility for the signing and costing EFC £12 million for 13 appearances to be glossed over

I'm not proud of it. I think it is a shambles we signed a player without doing due diligence firstly as to what the issues were
Absolutely true on the first point, pandering to lampard with a weak board.

I didn't say its about handling the situation with empathy, there are of course oher factors to be considered, I said we did handle it with empathy and continue to do so and I am proud of that. The signing was a failure ultimately.

What due diligence do you expect? An investigation into potential abuse of the individual as a child?

There is no deal. Dele Alli is on the dole.

Only 1 person knows what's happening....rhymes with Lame-o

There's a trade off here though - Levy would have been entitled to literally zero if Dele signed for any other club in the world, so you'd take something rather than nothing and if, for example, we owed Spurs £10m after he played another 7 games or whatever, there's no way anyone in their right mind would agree to keep him

FWIW, line in the Echo article today...

As part of his previous deal, the Toffees would have had to pay Tottenham a fee when Dele reached a certain number of appearances. However, the terms of the agreement have been renegotiated as part of talks between the two clubs.
That’s a little more clear in that it infers that the appearances threshold clause has either been removed, or dialled back as it wouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the next sentence.

The reality is however that whatever has been agreed, it is now down to the club to assess him. Following that assessment one would assume they would only offer a contract if they felt he would be able to add value to the footballing side of things and in a way that makes the renegotiated agreement worthwhile.

That’s a little more clear in that it infers that the appearances threshold clause has either been removed, or dialled back as it wouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the next sentence.

The reality is however that whatever has been agreed, it is now down to the club to assess him. Following that assessment one would assume they would only offer a contract if they felt he would be able to add value to the footballing side of things and in a way that makes the renegotiated agreement worthwhile.

The assessment has already been completed. His contract has run out and he hasn’t been offered a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back