2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ‘deal’ is such a blag load of nonsense.

He’s had years to prove his fitness and he’s spent half of that time in rehab because he’s addicted to benzos and toking on balloons.

It would be an even worse signing than Gazza if we were to re-sign Dele, and I don’t think we are going to be stupid enough to do that.

I genuinely wish him all the best, and I’m glad that he’s got enough media pull to make a fortune outside of football, but I don’t see any PL side taking him on.
Gazza was good when he joined.......I remember a lot of people calling for him to be called back into the England squad.

Well, I'll give in and contribute the million and first opinion based on zero actual knowledge of either the inner workings of footy clubs or this particular case.

I really don't think it's possible to be away from playing with any actual quality for this long and ever get it back. Maybe some part of your head and body forgets what it once did, but I just don't believe the bloke, whether fully motivated or not, can get remotely back to where he was. Given that, I'd guess Everton are just trying to maximise his chances of getting another club, whether for his sake or ours, at some level (or proving me wrong).

Here endeth the ignorant opinion.

Gazza was good when he joined.......I remember a lot of people calling for him to be called back into the England squad.

I don’t doubt that there were a few Evertonians that went wild because he managed to pass the ball on the floor a couple of times during an era in which David Unsworth was our most creative player, but Gazza was not good at Everton, and he was absolutely nowhere near getting back into the England squad.

We also paid him to spend six months in rehab as well.

Not sure Spurs did us over big time.. they haven’t received a penny YET have they? They may well do in future if we re-sign him.

The Richarlison transfer fee was where they took advantage of us doing ourselves over big time by having to make a big sale quickly to appease the PSR gods.

They made us take a player on over £100,000 a week with promises for multiple millions if he played

They saved themselves millions off their wage bill which we had to pay

They did us over for over £12 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back